Motorbike taxis allegedly hiking up fares at Bangkok’s Bang Sue station

Thaiger

Yesterday, the Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the police, Damrongsak Kittipraphat, said motorcycle gangs have been offering people who are attempting to use Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grandstation’s parking lot rides at exorbitant prices. Damrongsak says the duplicitous drivers claimed the parking lot is full and then offered people rides at inflated rates. The commander says they have made multiple arrests pertaining to the ride fare price hikes. The police also allege the riders use “rude words”, including curses. They did not provide any examples of what such curse words were. It was not reported how much passengers were overcharged by. The Department of […]

The post Motorbike taxis allegedly hiking up fares at Bangkok’s Bang Sue station appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Damrongsak Kittipraphat, said motorcycle gangs have been offering people who are attempting to use Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grandstation’s parking lot rides at exorbitant prices.

Stuffing the punters instead of Sue .. what a surprise .. 

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The police also allege the riders use “rude words”, including curses. They did not provide any examples of what such curse words were.

Damn , blast , bugger , sod ? 

an' if they were very rude I'll bet a bloody water monitor was in there somewhere .. 

Would be good if they reported how much in overcharged. In BKK I never had problems with motorcycle taxi, but definitely tuk tuk and normal taxi. That station is a behemoth and just one needs to wonder how for a nowadays it could even be full for parking.

48 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Stuffing the punters instead of Sue .. what a surprise .. 

Damn , blast , bugger , sod ? 

an' if they were very rude I'll bet a bloody water monitor was in there somewhere .. 

If you dont want to put it here send me a message but what is the word for water monitor? I've seen this reference before and asked my wife but she said she didn't know 

The transliteration "Bang Sue" is misleading. The second part of the name is not pron "Soo" or like the French "rue", but rather "Seu". This is a common error on signs all over Thailand 

4 hours ago, TerenceK said:

The transliteration "Bang Sue" is misleading. The second part of the name is not pron "Soo" or like the French "rue", but rather "Seu". This is a common error on signs all over Thailand 

In some languages it might sound like one, but it's not a common 'error' on signs all over Thailand. ซื่อ is just spelled as Sue, because how else would you spell it? Like a 'u'? Then in some languages it might sound like an 'oo'. Like 'uh'? Then how to spell เสือ? Suha? That would sound then like 'sooha'. 

If I read 'seu' in my language, Dutch, it would sound different again. They just made a translation into our alphabet once because they thought this through.

Next you might wonder why an  ล sometimes sounds like an 'n' ? Don't try to change the Thai language, get along with it. ?