Good Morning Thailand | Fortress Bangkok, Samui and Phuket Sandbox update

Thaiger

Today Tim and Jay talk with Friso and Greg regarding the covid situation in Bangkok working spaces and high density communities. 80,000 people suffering in locked down worker camps, some in desperate situation. Samui and Phuket Sandbox update. Your questions and comments are always welcome. Link to Bangkok Community Help here… https://www.facebook.com/BkkCommunityHelp

The post Good Morning Thailand | Fortress Bangkok, Samui and Phuket Sandbox update appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I could have misinterpreted this so forgive me, but I thought I heard Tim say there are people who went to Phuket for 7 days, and then to Samui? Is that possible, or just people are doing it anyway?

Either way, not in any rush to get out there as my plans aren't until January. But definitely heeding some of the wisdom of members here to stay just stay home until things are clear. If they ever are lol.

Thank you to The Thaiger for keeping us up to date with the news from Thailand and a massive thank you to BKK Community Help for every thing you  doing to help the beautiful Thai people 

6 hours ago, Julie said:

Thank you to The Thaiger for keeping us up to date with the news from Thailand and a massive thank you to BKK Community Help for every thing you  doing to help the beautiful Thai people 

How often is it that good deeds go without saying ! A simple thank you !

Cheers to the staff!!!

Hi guys, I'm from the UK and contemplating coming out to Phuket in august to make the most of the sandbox, but I've got a few questions: 

1: What areas are seemingly the most active? I imagine most of the island is quite dead but going to areas that has a little bit of life would be good. 

2: Leaving phuket after 14 days to go elsewhere then back to phuket to fly back to UK - does this pose a problem? Would I need to quarantine again for 14 days on re-entry to phuket. Would I be able to get back into the UK If I were to do this? 

3: Whats the best insurance to take out if required to relocate to a quarantine hotel (meaning I lose out on prepaid accomodation) 

Thanks for you answers, Mike

Also, I'm mainly coming to just relax and chill and finish a book I am writing. What's the deal with spa's? are they open? Can we use them?

Oh also one more thing, once the 14 days are up will I have to still stay in Sha+ hotels around Phuket? Or am I free to choose any I like? And also are trips to Koh Yao Noi/yai allowed? 

Any info would be great, theres very little info on the net from people on the ground there!  

4 hours ago, Cmstyle said:

Also, I'm mainly coming to just relax and chill and finish a book I am writing. What's the deal with spa's? are they open? Can we use them?

The situation is changing almost daily according to reports so what may be open one day could be forced to close another

• 2 weeks later...

So as I understand it some Pfizer vaccine coming. But unfortunately it may not be available to the common folks. It is slated for government officials, the military and hospital staff (this latter rightfully so). Yes the Chinese vaccine is around and it is being mixed (i.e. one dose of Sinovac and one dose of AstraZeneca). I worry about my girlfriend and her family. People die there every day because of the lack of vaccinations.

I am here now and trust me, for all the speculation and opinion being said in these topics, it is exactly that. 

The bottom line is, if you want quiet then yes, you can have that, but if you want a bit of nightlife, yes indeed that is also here. Spa’s are open and beautiful beaches. Drinking alcohol strictly stops at 9pm in all restaurants come bars, or vice versa!!!

I said exactly the same, that there is little information from people on the ground here, but one thing I would say is, if you like Thailand so much, then the initial hassle in paperwork to get here is 100% worth it. 

14 days in a SHA hotel and then free to go into any hotel and travel around Thailand with an official letter from your hotel confirming completion of your quarantine period. In terms of returning to the UK, it’s Amber, so PCR 72 hours before arrival and then a day 2 test prepaid beforehand. 

Brian (sandboxer).