Stricter measures and lockdown may be coming

Thaiger

42 minutes ago, 9S_ said:
1 hour ago, stuhan said:

while they sit around dishing out promises and lies lockdowns and restrictions will only slow the infections not stop it [maybe that's not crossed their minds yet]

They still claim they can vaccinate 10 million people a month while they failed daily vaccination targets since they started to hand out vaccines. 

If you repeat a lie for long enough, the public will believe it.

(Attributed to Joseph Goebbels)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Very true and perhaps there are pictures off him in Government house to act as a Team inspiration example of what you can achieve if you really try. 

14 hours ago, Non-Immigrant said:

So is Rayong, where I live, in the "dark red" zone or not? A typical example of TIT-related confusion, I suspect!!

Thaiger typo. Rayong isn't on the "dark red of doom" list. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jwd said:

While this is not good news for the Thai economy in the short run, continued rapid growth in hospitalizations and positive test results may leave authorities with little choice except to take very strong measures to continue to protect citizens and other residents of Thailand.   In the long run, I think swift, decisive actions that focus on the safety and health of Thailand will help bring a faster economic recovery.  Best wishes

And then the Thai starve to death, do you understand the situation of the Thai people at the moment? I guess not.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Well, that'd surely put an end to the protest loophole known as "car mobs." 

Probably just coincidental. 

And when they start starving the next wave of protest will be another one. 

43 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

This government doomed already Thailand or is there something left to be doomed? Where will the money come from after to open the country. The countries who open have to use huge amounts of money to open again. 

14 hours ago, KhunG said:

I also live in Rayong, and saw the same conflicting stories.  The map on Richard Barrows feed a couple days ago showed only the 13 dark red.  Rayong is still red.

I'm guessing they discussed adding others but when the order was finalized they only added three.

48 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Since what has turned out to be Rayong's incorrect designation appeared in the news item relating to the banning of flights from such zones, one outlandish possibility which had previously occurred to me was that maybe U-Tapao Airport had in isolation been designated as a "deep red zone" (or however you would like to put it)!

I think they meant to say it increases the chances of congestion if supermarkets are only allowed to be open on certain days.  Just sayin'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I guess they doomed Thailand and know they have not the money to open up the country and the only choice is to lockdown to win time and to stop revolts only to save their own as....

do you know how to tell the difference between maximum extreme code dark red lockdown curfew and normal times in Hua Hin?

you can't. 

29 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And when they start starving the next wave of protest will be another one. 

Yeah the plan of "just increase tests and keep adding movement restrictions" approach is only a short term solution. A bit of cutting off the nose to spite the proverbial face. 

• Like 1

My wife read the Thai version of those headlines "stricter measures and lockdown" yesterday and straight away she asked me to order this pdq. Problem is they don't do the set with matching paddle and ball gag on Lazada

Appealing Bondage Harness in Leather with Split Crotch by Ledapol L UK 14 - 16

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I can follow my kids who are in University and wife from what they say. Things have really manifested and changed, and from what I hear and see it will be only until the fat head egocentric habitual fibbers in control really sing showing the concrete proof, so ain't no way their generation and older are gonna believe anything coming out of their mouths. Sort of like the playdough poop squeeze toy set.

Edited by HolyCowCm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

just reading on twitter that "travel documents" are required now.

Yes it is this one, accepted almost anywhere

image.jpeg.8c52de129bd0a0979d51ee14cb64c422.jpeg

16 hours ago, Jwd said:

While this is not good news for the Thai economy in the short run, continued rapid growth in hospitalizations and positive test results may leave authorities with little choice except to take very strong measures to continue to protect citizens and other residents of Thailand.   In the long run, I think swift, decisive actions that focus on the safety and health of Thailand will help bring a faster economic recovery.  Best wishes

What about vaccines?

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

It's interesting the word "curfew" 9pm - 4am is used.

Here in Udon we're apparently under the same restrictions. When I read about it, people were told to 'avoid going out' during these times.
That doesn't seem like a curfew to me - surely that's enforced by the police or military? If people are out during these times, who is enforcing it and what's the penalty?

5 hours ago, 9S_ said:

They still claim they can vaccinate 10 million people a month while they failed daily vaccination targets since they started to hand out vaccines. 

true

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

And then the Thai starve to death, do you understand the situation of the Thai people at the moment? I guess not.

starve and with a crime increase as people become desperate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

It's interesting the word "curfew" 9pm - 4am is used.

Here in Udon we're apparently under the same restrictions. When I read about it, people were told to 'avoid going out' during these times.
That doesn't seem like a curfew to me - surely that's enforced by the police or military? If people are out during these times, who is enforcing it and what's the penalty?

It's a well proven fact that in Udon villages most of this is taken with a pinch of salt. Just like the governments promise to vaccinate people.

4 hours ago, Ted said:

cases increasing due to testing area also increasing, not that it really is getting worse? And more importantly, are there any other real differences as there is a big difference of someone dyeing from- or with C19, remember that. 

Also another very important issue, in a country as Thailand where there are so many poor people that has been living on ,close to, nothing for a long time...why isn't anyone thinking of them?! As poverty, diabetes and other health related issues [not inc. C19] are well worse than the current "situation"?
BTW driving an German car, living in Sathorn/Ari/ or similar and having several maxed out credit cards does not make you any different [when it comes down to the real numbers] only gives you a bit more time.

Don't forget that in those areas when buying a BMW, it comes with a free  5 year holier than thou warranty