Government insists it can meet target of 10 million vaccine doses a month

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Golden-Triangle said:

I think that the lifespan of this corrupt mob is getting shorter by the day, the only question that remains is ' who will take over ' ? That's the scary part, I would like Thanathorn's mob to have a go, I know some people aren't keen but he is a businessman, he understands politics and he has charisma, he would be a breath of fresh air for this country, and like Thaksin he would never have allowed the country to fall into the dire state it finds itself in now, your views may differ of course.

Thanathorn was seen as a real threat due to his popularity and fresh ideas. Therefore by hook or by crook he needed to be eliminated. As we know it was by crook(s).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Golden-Triangle said:

I think that the lifespan of this corrupt mob is getting shorter by the day, the only question that remains is ' who will take over ' ? That's the scary part, I would like Thanathorn's mob to have a go, I know some people aren't keen but he is a businessman, he understands politics and he has charisma, he would be a breath of fresh air for this country, and like Thaksin he would never have allowed the country to fall into the dire state it finds itself in now, your views may differ of course.

That would fit the pattern: Democratic - Corruption - Military -  Poor management - Democratic. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, vlad said:

Today is freedom day here in the UK with all restrictions lifted. This was achieved through mass Vaccination. It has took over 8-9 Month's using Stadiums, Concert Halls, and mobile Inoculation Center's.  This Government in Thailand is telling there People they can jab a Million a Month. This is just untrue as they don't even have the Quantity to do this let alone the staff to do it. Its just a statement coming from the PM because he now realizes the Thai people have had enough of him and his party so he will trot out lies hoping they will believe him.

I am happy for the uk people achieving your goal,but lifting all the restrictions is a big mistake ,70% vaccinated why not wait just a little longer until 100% give this virus an inch it will take a mile,mark my words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

please don't insult my intelligence. i heard that Buriram has better vaccine allocation numbers...

As do other provincial situations. 

Your not getting it Stuhan are you ? because we are vaccinated it does not matter if we contract Covid we will not be Hospitalized or at least there will be low Hospital rates. The only one's suffering will be the one's ignoring rule's and refusing the vaccine when offered. You cannot keep waiting and waiting, people and the Economy are struggling. Sometime's you have to take the bull by the horns and simply believe what is best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, NCC1701A said:

better get to it.

"Thailand’s COVID-19 task force on Monday called on people to follow stricter containment measures, warning that without cooperation record daily infection rates could roughly treble to reach 30,000 under a worst-case scenario."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN2EP0Z8

Louder - they cannot hear you mate. Too busy counting other things.

Buckle up folks - if the daily numbers do hit 30K things are gonna get 'frosty'. Actually, probably 20K will fire things up a little more.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2021 at 9:02 AM, Aussieroaming said:

Yes, jowever there is nothing wrong with repeating published information as long as the source is cited for reference. I 100% agree with you that investigative journalists in Thaiger uniform would be a welcomed addition as I believe a lot of stories are released verbatum from government media offices for general distribution in the community and are then circulated by Thai media with no fact checking or challenging of the "facts"presented. I assume that the Thaiger has limited independent journalism at present due to the fact that it is small and hence has a small budget for journalistic investigation. Maybe (hopefully) the Thaiger will become more investigative and independent in its reporting over time if it increases in popularity and attracts more advertising income.

I’d love to think that would happen also. However, soon as they try to be more investigative, that’s when the pressure will start and work permits cancelled for non-Thais. Therefore, it will never happen. 

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’d love to think that would happen also. However, soon as they try to be more investigative, that’s when the pressure will start and work permits cancelled for non-Thais. Therefore, it will never happen. 

So true.  Journalism as an occupation for Expats is fine in Thailand. But negative journalism is not. Tim himself mentioned in one of his vids many weeks ago, that he had been criticised by the local authorities for being so negative about the Phuket sandbox.  I noted a toning down of his negative comments since then, and it has to be said - the sandbox has done a lot better than I thought it would. Whereas the Samui dirtbox has done exactly as predicted. When living in another's house, it is wise not be be critical of the way they do things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

So true.  Journalism as an occupation for Expats is fine in Thailand. But negative journalism is not. Tim himself mentioned in one of his vids many weeks ago, that he had been criticised by the local authorities for being so negative about the Phuket sandbox.  I noted a toning down of his negative comments since then, and it has to be said - the sandbox has done a lot better than I thought it would. Whereas the Samui dirtbox has done exactly as predicted. When living in another's house, it is wise not be be critical of the way they do things. 

But one has a social duty to point out to those whose house you are living in if they are doing, or intending to do, something downright dangerous and potentially life threatening.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

But one has a social duty to point out to those whose house you are living in if they are doing, or intending to do, something downright dangerous and potentially life threatening.

Not in Thailand ?  That will be seen as your 'Farang' opinion and automatically assumed to be wrong.

Best not to use logic and reason Gummy - you know that ?

Best bet?  Suggest to Thai wife and maybe (very maybe) she can say something - maybe.

3 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Not in Thailand ?  That will be seen as your 'Farang' opinion and automatically assumed to be wrong.

Best not to use logic and reason Gummy - you know that ?

Best bet?  Suggest to Thai wife and maybe (very maybe) she can say something - maybe.

In my village if the resentment and anger at this government ++ is anything to go by, then if that could be channelled into action generally then this government ++ would be gone in short order. In the years I have lived here I have never witnessed them openly talking about this till now. They know the risks of course but they are just desperate people now.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

In my village if the resentment and anger at this government ++ is anything to go by, then if that could be channelled into action generally then this government ++ would be gone in short order. In the years I have lived here I have never witnessed them openly talking about this till now. They know the risks of course but they are just desperate people now.

I hear you Gummy. My Thai wife's family live in many locations all over Thailand and they say the same. And all our friends in Thailand are saying the same thing.  The Thais have had a gutful of the Junta. There is no way they can survive - politically. Lets hope they dont decide to survive using military methods. Right now the lockdowns and crowd bans are a valid response to Covid - eventually that will not hold water - and then the floodgates will open I reckon. 

• Like 1

They need at least 330,000 per day to achieve that target. According to Thailand’s Vaccine Tracker their 7 day average is 220,000. For the record they almost never fulfilled their daily targets. Only 16% of the population  received one dose, but most importantly and sadly only 5% are fully vaccinated  

What will be will be

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 7:40 AM, gjanick said:

Everything is about Bangkok. What about Chiangmai which is also having covid 19 outbreaks. There are no vaccines available here. I am 72 and have a weakened immune system. What about me? 

On thailandintervac they mentioned several hospitals. I and friends have experience with 3 of them.

The first one accepted addresses from outside of BKK. No problem at all.

The second one, where I got my first vaccine 2 days ago asked for an address, I gave them my address in BKK. But they did not check it.

The third one didn't ask for an address at all.

So just register and travel to BKK. If you are still able to travel of course. Give them the address of the hotel where you will be staying a night (if they ask for that) and everything will be fine.

• Like 1