News Forum - Luxury karaoke club inspected in Pattaya to prevent foreigner crimes (video)

Thaiger

Last night, Pattaya officers conducted an inspection at a luxury karaoke venue, Tomorrow Land Club, located on Pattaya Third Road. The inspection aimed to prevent crimes, particularly those involving foreigners. The venue is known to attract a significant number of foreign customers, especially Chinese nationals. Around 50 officers, led by Chonburi Deputy Commander Colonel Patikorn … …

The story Luxury karaoke club inspected in Pattaya to prevent foreigner crimes (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And the ugly raids and supression continue. These raids do zero for the Thailand's reputaion of a welcoming friendly country, but does just the opposite. Drug testing everyone is enough to put even the strongest I don't care person off. Once a regime always a regime. And they are picking on clubs and such, so it is not only pinpoint target to karaoke venues. I remember back in some of the the old Thaksin days of them marching through Patpong. Wasn't pretty then and certainly 50 - 100 of them seen in one fell swoop of the eye is not nice now. It breeds one to feel scared and not safe.

It will be very easy if the authorities go to full moon party. Just stand at the jetty, all the rats will come into the trap easily. 

"It will be very easy if the authorities go to full moon party. Just stand at the jetty, all the rats will come into the trap easily. "

Maybe more difficult to remind a full moon party to pay 'tea money' which is quite possibly what this raid was all about.

" It breeds one to feel scared and not safe."

It also breeds venue owners to make sure their 'protection money' is paid on time.

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And the ugly raids and supression continue. These raids do zero for the Thailand's reputaion of a welcoming friendly country, but does just the opposite. Drug testing everyone is enough to put even the strongest I don't care person off. Once a regime always a regime. And they are picking on clubs and such, so it is not only pinpoint target to karaoke venues. I remember back in some of the the old Thaksin days of them marching through Patpong. Wasn't pretty then and certainly 50 - 100 of them seen in one fell swoop of the eye is not nice now. It breeds one to feel scared and not safe.

I don't know about all that

These are Chinese, most probably doing something illegal

And the police walking through Patpong would not scare off 90% of the mongers down there

They used to do it in Patong and no one gave it two thoughts after they left

But they didn't do piss checks 

That would've been nere rattling

I was in Medellin, 

The biggest bar area, Parque Lleras

Seeing heavy militarized vehicles and cops with machine guns is a bit unsettling 

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know about all that

These are Chinese, most probably doing something illegal

And the police walking through Patpong would not scare off 90% of the mongers down there

They used to do it in Patong and no one gave it two thoughts after they left

But they didn't do piss checks 

That would've been nere rattling

I was in Medellin, 

The biggest bar area, Parque Lleras

Seeing heavy militarized vehicles and cops with machine guns is a bit unsettling 

Years ago correct, for Patpong it was a mass cop sweep and they just shutdown the area. Sometimes they were way more aggressive than other times but they cleared out both Soi. Not sure why they didn’t really drug test but envelopes stuffed and connections probably played a role in it. I was there a lot at one time when it was fun to be there. One place was called the Tavern. That was just doing a an on the surface lip march service on the direct order from Thaskin I believe. Sort of had an immunity I guess where Thaskin on other areas had his hit squads. What is the difference between Duterte and Thaskin, not much. Well they randomly have always hit up nightclubs so I wouldn’t exactly just point this on the bad Chinese being targets. They still hit up venues and it is an indecent human right violation how I have always looked at it. 

Be very careful in criticizing the RTP... it may be considered a "slur" by the powers that be... even though the criticism is most likely deserved based on RTP performance and reputation earned.