News Forum - Fatal disregard: Kazakhstani tourist ignores red flag warnings, drowns at Phuket’s Kata Beach

Thaiger

A Kazakhstani tourist reportedly ignored red flags warning against swimming and as a consequence tragically drowned at Kata Beach in Phuket. Karon Police were alerted by a lifeguard at Kata Beach yesterday afternoon and discovered the body of the tourist, identified as 24 year old Artur Iskakov from Kazakhstan. Lifeguards informed the police that they … …

The story Fatal disregard: Kazakhstani tourist ignores red flag warnings, drowns at Phuket’s Kata Beach as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hope it isn't that way next week when I am there. It is the whole reason I am going with my kids.

25 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Please explain.

Body retrievers? We have lifeguards to ensure people’s safety in an unfamiliar environment. That means not letting people swim outside the red flags.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Body retrievers? We have lifeguards to ensure people’s safety in an unfamiliar environment. That means not letting people swim outside the red flags.

I don't imagine for one moment, that the Lifeguards are permitted to prevent people physically, from going in the water.

Ohh.. I used the letter "P" four times in one sentence. That's an alliteration. 😁