News Forum - Pregnant woman vomits 10-15cm roundworms, warns on undercooked food risks

Thaiger

A pregnant patient at DonSak Hospital in Surat Thani, Thailand, discovered two intestinal roundworms, each longer than 10-15 centimetres, in her vomit. Doctors believe the 27 year old ingested the parasites from contaminated fruits and vegetables. DonSak Hospital shared the story on its Facebook page, explaining that the eight months pregnant woman had been experiencing … …

The story Pregnant woman vomits 10-15cm roundworms, warns on undercooked food risks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Are the worm eggs in the produce or on the produce? Strawberry have tiny craters where the seed are so this is easily hidden. I usually always wash fruits and always cook vegetables. Lettuce is one that needs to be washed layer by layer. 

• Like 2

I never buy and eat sashimi or sushi with raw fish in street stalls or  night market, etc. Preferably eating it fresh at a legit japanese restaurant. You never know.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, palooka said:

COMBANTRIN®-1 Tablets | Products | COMBANTRIN® Australia

A dose of Combantrin for the whole nation would have wonderful medical effects, probably knock off millions of worms.

Seen (and tried) some of the supposed BBQ pork that is ingested, will pass for eternity.

Don't need 2 weeks of meds to get right again.😖

That "supposed BBQ pork" always smells good, but you just don't know where it came from, let alone figuring out the actual substance. A Thai friend of mine got food poisoning about a month ago, 3 days in her house, 1 day in the hospital.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HiuMak said:

I never buy and eat sashimi or sushi with raw fish in street stalls or  night market, etc. Preferably eating it fresh at a legit japanese restaurant. You never know.

I unforntunatley live by a house here that makes open garage sushi and sells at stalls. Other than hating these wretched people for many reasons (terrible neighbors), they are not the cleanest in the world and can you hear them sneezing all the time. Nope, no thank you, never ever as food poisining is high on the list as the food is not made in a cool enviroment and at the stalls left out in the open with no chill factor, and if cleanliness is next to godliness, then they are totally in the opposite direction, but my last concern is any worm.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, Leo said:

That "supposed BBQ pork" always smells good, but you just don't know where it came from, let alone figuring out the actual substance.

Some say don't look into the kitchen while you food is being prepared and Pray before you eat. 😀

• Like 1