News Forum - Worker fatally electrocuted during rainstorm while retrieving equipment

Thaiger

A 35 year old man died in Ratchaburi after trying to retrieve electrical equipment during heavy rain. Authorities found his lifeless body beside a large electrical box, with his left index finger on an outlet. On May 24, Police Lieutenant Santiphol Nuuchua, an investigative officer at Bang Phae Police Station, in Ratchaburi, received a report … …

The story Worker fatally electrocuted during rainstorm while retrieving equipment as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

R.i.p!

No (rubber-)shoes, in the wet?

... that the deceased was a technician who likely went out to collect electrical equipment after noticing the rain at midnight.

So no electrical technician, I assume!

57 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

R.i.p!

No (rubber-)shoes, in the wet?

... that the deceased was a technician who likely went out to collect electrical equipment after noticing the rain at midnight.

So no electrical technician, I assume!

My wife had a business and her brothers did the labor, in flip flops of course

But once she got bigger jobs with big companies they made them wear proper shoes

RIP. No safety equipment, no de-energizing of the electrical cabinet, no safety circuit cut-off switch, performing electrical work in a cabinet in wet conditions. The outcome is so obvious for any of us that have worked on or with electrical systems in the past. Unfortunately Thailand isn't alone in its lax electrical work procedures. And yet there are Thai electrical teams that travel internationally who are very proficient in regards to electrical safety. Maybe they should or could implement some training schools in Thailand for their more unskilled compatriots.

23 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

RIP. No safety equipment, no de-energizing of the electrical cabinet, no safety circuit cut-off switch, performing electrical work in a cabinet in wet conditions. The outcome is so obvious for any of us that have worked on or with electrical systems in the past. Unfortunately Thailand isn't alone in its lax electrical work procedures. And yet there are Thai electrical teams that travel internationally who are very proficient in regards to electrical safety. Maybe they should or could implement some training schools in Thailand for their more unskilled compatriots.

They do have technical colleges for this type of training. However, the blue collar industries in Thailand are blend of highly trained tradies and learn on the job types. The problem is the licensing of certain trades, until this occurs and is vigilantly enforced, we will continue to see unnecessary injuries and deaths in the work place.

• Like 1