Covid UPDATE Sunday: 11,397 new infections, daily news briefs

Thaiger

25 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Check the predictions of last year and this year and their programs they made. I think everybody living in Thailand followed it.

Yep - they were all wrong.  And they were also wrong before that - and will be after this year.

I was being sarcastic. 

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Be very careful guys - you know who owns the company that signed the Agreement to manufacture the vaccines. And if you know that you also know the laws of Thailand regarding that issue.

IMHO the go vernment dosn't give a sh.t about a bunch of farangs talking English in a forum with a few hundred members. But hey. I might be wrong. What was the co-driver's last word? ........................ I mean!

Edited by BookShe

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

After reading that article it's just the same from Anutin,excuses,lies,and promises .Anutin must be best buddies with the  P.M otherwise he would have been removed long ago .

Guess whose family built the new parliament building. 

• Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

If I am right you have a Thai wife or maybe you understand Thai and follow the Thai news/tv/social then you get some insights whats on their topics at the moment. Anyway it was clearly yesterday it was that their lives, health, healthsystem, jobs and economy is at the stake and not of a few people. They are talking about the destiny of aprox 70 million people and that was in their focus. This was very clearly in all we/ the whole nation followed yesterday. My opionion is that made it clear what is their decision and why it was published in the news/tv/social media. By the way do you think Astra will take the blame or can risk that? I mean is not only about reputation also about legal steps if they break the contracts. As you could follow in Europe. You think they would risk everything because of Thailand? I guess not. Follow a bit also the Thainews then you can see what is in the news in the folowing days. This one maybe was new for you but it was already yesterday in the Thainews.

Married to Thai - Lived in Thailand - Now living in Aust - keen to return (all in my bio).

There is a law in Thailand that clearly states the Royal Family, and all associated entities - such as the company that manufactures AZ,  must not be publicly criticised.  That is why I amk suggesting epople be careful - both for themselves but also so that Thaiger doesn't get in the poopoo. 

high infection (?) numbers  in news, but
almost all people in world, not know personally,
1 or more, people sicker than from flu or corona virus deaths.
-
because have, much life restriction ( closed bars, clubs etc. ),
and many people wear mask and stay often at home,
in thailand and many countries, for many months.
-
and news say, most people got infected ( with what-ever ),
then soon, are not enough people anywhere, who can get infected,
for high numbers. then, what will tv-show say ? :)
-
a record in infection, at fishes and other animals ?

then stay at home to protect animals, in forest and oceans. :)

• Cool 1

37 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Married to Thai - Lived in Thailand - Now living in Aust - keen to return (all in my bio).

There is a law in Thailand that clearly states the .....

You could read it also in the english speaking Thai news so I think Thaiger followed it and the sources. The news are out in all news outlets of Thailand so your point is a bit strange , you mean they can do it backwards. As I said read the Thai news including the english Thai news then maybe you see it a bit better.

24 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You could read it also in the english speaking Thai news so I think Thaiger followed it and the sources. The news are out in all news outlets of Thailand so your point is a bit strange , you mean they can do it backwards. As I said read the Thai news including the english Thai news then maybe you see it a bit better.

Seems you have missed my point - I must have been too vague (again).

OK then here it is blunt :-    Do not criticise the company that manufactures the A+Z vaccine in Thailand, or the company's owners or management.  

18 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

OK then here it is blunt :-    Do not criticise the company that manufactures the A+Z vaccine in Thailand, or the company's owners or management.  

I got your point thats why I wrote it was already published in all Thai news outlets. As we speak 3 languages in our family , with english 4 but not as native language but Thai we follow the Thai and Thai english news. And I am sure Thaiger does the same.

Just now, Stardust said:

I got your point thats why I wrote it was already published in all Thai news outlets. As we speak 3 languages in our family , with english 4 but not as native language but Thai we follow the Thai and Thai english news. And I am sure Thaiger does the same.

I know that stardust.  My point was to be careful when saying things on this forum about those news articles and not to say anything very negative about you know who.  You know who and why (I think) - but many posters especially new ones do not know.   

35 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

:))))

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I know that stardust.  My point was to be careful when saying things on this forum about those news articles and not to say anything very negative about you know who.  You know who and why (I think) - but many posters especially new ones do not know.   

Ok I understand what you mean. It is today in the Thai tv again and for the english speakers the Bangkok article is interesting what they are talking about the last 2 days

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2150423/fate-of-100m-dose-vaccination-hangs-in-the-air

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

With the increasing numbers, and Germany requirements now quarantining travellers from Thailand, good chance rest of the world will follow. If this happens, then the actual tourists to the Phuket Sandbox may just not arrive in the numbers the TAT are hoping for (and spouting off in the press). With the numbers increase today good bet more CCSA restrictions promulgated later today. As the say …… watch this space.

Possibly. However, I still believe most are returning Thais or expats and hence the dribble of arrivals will remain above zero by enough for it to be claimed a success. I think one report said Phuket had 30,000 arrivals a day on average before Covid. The few hundred currently isn’t helping anyone practically. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Or just point them to Thaiger Talk rule #3.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BookShe said:

Every country and culture has a different metaphor to describe a missed moment. I'm not sure which one they use in Thailand so I try to collect some, hoping one will stick.

This ship has left the port, This train, bus left the station, This submarine has submerged, This horse left the barn, This rocket left the planet, this fly has left the dump. Please feel free to add more to this list. 

In Thailand the phrase is, "The brain has left the farang but he still stays in Thailand moaning about the country all day long while we find new ways to scam him".

• Haha 1

The elite first for vaccines,also I notice that ,farangs are helping to feed the poor in Bangkok,where is the government 

• Like 1

20000 coming very soon shit government, 2 weeks ago 4 infections steady in Chiang rai now daily 25, because no vaccinations available at alm in entire thailand besides stupid bangkok.. thank you brainless people if the government now youngot the entire  country going for infections like bangkok because you jot capable in doing ANYTHING correct.. disgusting, and we have to listen to these clowns? Not in a million years, with their stupid ideas, mixing of vaccines, only vaccinations in bangkok..

10 hours ago, Paco said:

20000 coming very soon shit government, 2 weeks ago 4 infections steady in Chiang rai now daily 25, because no vaccinations available at alm in entire thailand besides stupid bangkok.. thank you brainless people if the government now youngot the entire  country going for infections like bangkok because you jot capable in doing ANYTHING correct.. disgusting, and we have to listen to these clowns? Not in a million years, with their stupid ideas, mixing of vaccines, only vaccinations in bangkok..

A vaccine does not completely stop you getting the virus but it does stop you from being very sick from it. 

look at the UK for instance as two thirds of people have had two doses but the rate of new infections per day is set to reach 200,000 a day from 55,000 a day at the moment. 

The difference between Thailand and the UK will be the proportional number of serious cases and deaths due to the poor rollout of vaccines in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The difference between Thailand and the UK will be the proportional number of serious cases and deaths due to the poor rollout of vaccines in Thailand. 

There are some other differences, but seldom talked about on the 'Get Everybody Jabbed' media.

1 - Getting infected by covid is not a death sentence.  Depending on your age/physical condition (which affects your immune system) you might not even know that 'you got it'.  On top of that there are proven effective remedies that when taken at the first symptoms will prevent any long covid or hospitalization.

2 - Getting 'naturally' infected and have your immune system deal with it, will provide far superior protection to later infections than jab-induced ones.  And even more important, you will not have to deal with any vaccine adverse effects, which in the short term of the vaccine roll-out already resulted in more than 1.000.000 reports of adverse effects in EU-US-UK, approx half of them serious, and +20.000 suspected vaccine-caused deaths.   And nobody knows what the long-term effects of these rushed experimental vaccines will be.

>> An immediate stop of the covid-vaccine roll-out and focus on protecting the vulnerable (the old with challenged immune system) and making the cheap, proven and effective covid-remedies easily accessible would put Thailand in a far better position than those countries like UK and Israel that rushed into vaxxing the majority of their population.

Edited by BlueSphinx

19 hours ago, AussieBob said:

There is a law in Thailand that clearly states the .....

I don't believe the law extends to this company, although they have tried to 

29 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

There are some other differences, but seldom talked about on the 'Get Everybody Jabbed' media.

1 - Getting infected by covid is not a death sentence.  Depending on your age/physical condition (which affects your immune system) you might not even know that 'you got it'.  On top of that there are proven effective remedies that when taken at the first symptoms will prevent any long covid or hospitalization.

2 - Getting 'naturally' infected and have your immune system deal with it, will provide far superior protection to later infections than jab-induced ones.  And even more important, you will not have to deal with any vaccine adverse effects, which in the short term of the vaccine roll-out already resulted in more than 1.000.000 reports of adverse effects in EU-US-UK, approx half of them serious, and +20.000 suspected vaccine-caused deaths.   And nobody knows what the long-term effects of these rushed experimental vaccines will be.

>> An immediate stop of the covid-vaccine roll-out and focus on protecting the vulnerable (the old with challenged immune system) and making the cheap, proven and effective covid-remedies easily accessible would put Thailand in a far better position than those countries like UK and Israel that rushed into vaxxing the majority of their population.

There are no cheap, proven covid- remedies though are there

3 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Well possibly not that the majority of us know of because it is a huge money spinner currently for many and not just the pharma's that produce it. I guess one day it will become cheap as chips

11 minutes ago, thai3 said:

... There are no cheap, proven covid-remedies though are there

Do read up on the many posts I made on that subject. 

Key-word = ivermectin

33 minutes ago, thai3 said:

It most definitely does (probably) Thanathorn was charged by the police after a compalint was lodged by the <let's not go there>

Edited by KaptainRob
Touch subject matter

11 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Key-word = ivermectin

I have, there is no proof this works

3 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Key-word = ivermectin

Yep - lots of anecdotal information that it works to both prevent and fight a C19 infection - and other anti-parasitic type medications do too (including the one Trump mentioned).  But no (yet?) proven medical clinical trials and studies, and subsequent approval by authorising Government drug approval bodies like FDA TGA etc. for the treatment of C19. Until those trials, studies and approvals are given (and they are expensive) - they will all never be a 'mainstream approved treatment' for C19.  But if I was to test positive to C19 and not yet have a vaccine, I might just try it I reckon.  I know of a couple of blokes in Thailand already taking it as a prevention while they wait for the vaccine. But before doing that I would talk to my Doc first to make sure taking it would not cause any complications with my existing medical issues or medications.     

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

It most definitely does (probably) Thanathorn was charged by the police after a compalint was lodged by the ... 

But it did not go to court did it?