News Forum - British family offers reward to ‘detain’ teenager missing in Pattaya

Thaiger

A worried British family is offering a 10,000 baht reward to anyone who can locate and ‘detain on sight’ a runaway 17 year old believed to be missing in Pattaya, eastern Thailand. The family has reason to believe that 17 year old Ryan White, from Gateshead in England, travelled to Sin City after flying to …

The story British family offers reward to ‘detain’ teenager missing in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, stuhan said:

Would help if you told us where he was last seen,what area in pattaya.

Well he's 17, so I can have a good guess on just a few locations where a 17 year old would locate himself.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stuhan said:

Would help if you told us where he was last seen,what area in pattaya.

Reminds me of the Hangover 3 when the teen goes missing and they say "Bangkok has him now."  Luckily this is Patts and if he hasn't hurt himself he should be much easier to find.

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

17 is not a baby, there are 17 year olds who are married, and many more who are mums and dads

Most of those 17 year olds are from Southern US and couldn't find Canada on a map, let alone Thailand

I wouldn't out 17yr old rednecks up as any sort of shining example

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Most of those 17 year olds are from Southern US and couldn't find Canada on a map, let alone Thailand

I wouldn't out 17yr old rednecks up as any sort of shining example

Who cares? Point is, it's not the parents business what a 17 yo does, if he can join the military. Is it? And no reason to bother governments or the media

1 minute ago, Karolyn said:

Who cares? Point is, it's not the parents business what a 17 yo does, if he can join the military. Is it? And no reason to bother governments or the media

Of course it's the parent's business what a 17yr old does..............

You aren't his parents, so your opinion doesn't really matter, neither does mine either

But a 17yr old likely doesn't have many funds, so are his parent supposed to just say "oh well, let's not worry about him"?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Karolyn said:

17 is not a baby, there are 17 year olds who are married, and many more who are mums and dads

You know nothing about this person do you? I suggest you have a look at his photo and use some common sense. Is that the face of someone who is capable of fending off manipulative people? Pattaya is filled with people who will rob or con him without hesitation. Does he look like he has worldly experience?  Most kids his age are easy marks for someone with a sob story.

Good on his parents for trying to find him and for taking responsibility. They obviously know what the boy's limitations are and are doing what responsible parents do.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vigo said:

You know nothing about this person do you? I suggest you have a look at his photo and use some common sense. Is that the face of someone who is capable of fending off manipulative people? Pattaya is filled with people who will rob or con him without hesitation. Does he look like he has worldly experience?  Most kids his age are easy marks for someone with a sob story.

Good on his parents for trying to find him and for taking responsibility. They obviously know what the boy's limitations are and are doing what responsible parents do.

I agree, at 17 he is a rookie in pattaya still to young to be alone on the soi's of sin in pattaya, i have been coming to patts for 20yrs and now retired here 7yrs,it's defo not the place for a baby faced 17yr old from uk with no idea about the place.Hope they find him.

12 hours ago, Karolyn said:

I think the magic number you are looking for is 18. below that age, and including 17 they are still minors.

12 hours ago, Karolyn said:

A 17 year old still needs his parents permission to join the army.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stuhan said:

I agree, at 17 he is a rookie in pattaya still to young to be alone on the soi's of sin in pattaya, i have been coming to patts for 20yrs and now retired here 7yrs,it's defo not the place for a baby faced 17yr old from uk with no idea about the place.Hope they find him.

I see 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70yr olds that aren't capable of handling Thailand and Pattaya. 😀

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

A 17 year old still needs his parents permission to join the army.

Yeah, in the USA can join the army but still legally can't drink alcohol. Where is the justice in that?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I see 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70yr olds that aren't capable of handling Thailand and Pattaya. 😀

I definetely took my knocks to get to the point I am at now. But I can say those were the holy grail of the of the hook fun days as well.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, in the USA can join the army but still legally can't drink alcohol. Where is the justice in that?

Join the army army and you can drink as much as you like, I know I was that soldier. Hic. 😂

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Join the army army and you can drink as much as you like, I know I was that soldier. Hic. 😂

Not in the public bars or clubs. Unless you come to places like Thailand who don't really check or care.