News Forum - Move Forward Party policies to boost retail, banking, and tourism stocks

Thaiger

The new coalition government led by the Move Forward Party is expected to have a positive impact on retail, banking, and tourism stocks, as per analysts. The party’s policies aim to enhance the economy’s efficiency by reducing monopolies and increasing welfare for all, says Asia Plus Securities (ASPS). The sectors likely to benefit from these …

The story Move Forward Party policies to boost retail, banking, and tourism stocks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well why not as they have some very very smart talent. Just take a look at Pita and where he graduatd from and has accomplished and who he knows such like Warren Buffet and then some. His IQ may be double that than his predecessor and connected cronies. At least he comes from a real business background and him and his crew seem to be real caring not false phony corrupt trough sucking Thai human beings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well why not as they have some very very smart talent. Just take a look at Pita and where he graduatd from and has accomplished and who he knows such like Warren Buffet and then some. His IQ may be double that than his predecessor and connected cronies. At least he comes from a real business background and him and his crew seem to be real caring not false phony corrupt trough sucking Thai human beings.

Plus, most importantly, he spent years in Boston  :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

His IQ may be double that than his predecessor and connected cronies.

I would say by a factor of at least x10, to be more accurate.

Most of his predecessors are probably the 1st members of their families to stand on 2 legs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Phita won't be the one steering the economy or business development policies. It will be the MPs who are trained and experienced economists and the engineers and business people who worked in Thailand's key manufacturing sectors. The policies will be tempered and adjusted to respect the needs of the workers and poor by the presence of the trades union and social activists.

The make up and enthusiasm reminds me of the early years of New Labour under Tony Blair. The  government will of course be walking on eggshells, knowing that it cannot do too much for fear of provoking the military. Some will be angry that the government  is going too slow and is overly cautious. The good news is that the economy will be strong from the start as the  tourism recovery will provide  important tax revenue.

Best of all, we may see some distancing from China. Social progressives are the arch enemy of despotic regimes like  the PRC. They will remember that the PRC supported the military junta. Even better for western governments will be the  response to initiatives on environmental protection as the MFP environmental policies are similar to EU positions.  And perhaps with time, the welcome for pariah states won't be as warm.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Phita won't be the one steering the economy or business development policies. It will be the MPs who are trained and experienced economists and the engineers and business people who worked in Thailand's key manufacturing sectors. The policies will be tempered and adjusted to respect the needs of the workers and poor by the presence of the trades union and social activists.

The make up and enthusiasm reminds me of the early years of New Labour under Tony Blair. The  government will of course be walking on eggshells, knowing that it cannot do too much for fear of provoking the military. Some will be angry that the government  is going too slow and is overly cautious. The good news is that the economy will be strong from the start as the  tourism recovery will provide  important tax revenue.

Best of all, we may see some distancing from China. Social progressives are the arch enemy of despotic regimes like  the PRC. They will remember that the PRC supported the military junta. Even better for western governments will be the  response to initiatives on environmental protection as the MFP environmental policies are similar to EU positions.  And perhaps with time, the welcome for pariah states won't be as warm.

Very intelligent analysis of it all, thanks for the info

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And New Zealand 🤗

He's got a long way to go yet before we can safely applaud his rise to power and I hope he does make the ascent.  IMO, he will have to drop the section 112 policy to get over the 1st hurdle.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

And New Zealand 🤗

He's got a long way to go yet before we can safely applaud his rise to power and I hope he does make the ascent.  IMO, he will have to drop the section 112 policy to get over the 1st hurdle.  

Hopefully is time in Boston beat the NZ backwards outta him.   😀

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

So he loves the Celtics. Good Luck! That is why I used to love Boston, not Pita but Bird. But Pita has my heart so far as well. And no I only like females!

9 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

And New Zealand 🤗

There will have to be some huge concessions given on 112, but I am not sure it is entirely true it has to be dropped, but certainly candy coated and handled with soft kid gloves if it can be done.

25 minutes ago, snail said:

Brian Berletic says he is pro US, and anti China.

If he’s wise he’ll travel the middle road where the superpowers are concern- in the same manner as Prayut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

But Pita has my heart so far as well.

Thought you were "coming out" for a second or two there.😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

If he’s wise he’ll travel the middle road where the superpowers are concern- in the same manner as Prayut.

Wonder if they can cancel the submarines? Would finance a lot of his policy's.

Odds are that Pnut was buying on Chinese credit, and there is no back door. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

It's going to be hard staying in the middle. 

Pressure will come from both super-powers. As the intensity of the Sth China Sea and Taiwan come into even sharper focus, Thailand might have some serious soul-searching to do.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Thought you were "coming out" for a second or two there.😂

I have a big closet. Now why would I do that! 😜

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snail said:

It's going to be hard staying in the middle. 

Pressure will come from both super-powers. As the intensity of the Sth China Sea and Taiwan come into even sharper focus, Thailand might have some serious soul-searching to do.

ASEAN was created for that specific purpose. As an economic middle power, ASEAN members won’t be as vulnerable to coercion from the superpowers, particularly China, as they would be as stand alone entities.

4 hours ago, Khunmark said:

ASEAN was created for that specific purpose. As an economic middle power, ASEAN members won’t be as vulnerable to coercion from the superpowers, particularly China, as they would be as stand alone entities.

South China Sea!!

Whether as individual entities ,or a bloc, they will have to make a decision on which super-power to side with.

Has Thailand not applied to join BRICKS? 

Thailand have indeed applied to join BRICS. But little can be read into that as the are also a member of APEC. As recently as this week  ASEAN has doubled down on its commitment to non-alignment. 
https://thediplomat.com/2023/02/neutrality-and-non-alignment-are-the-way-forward-for-asean/

The above article provides a compelling argument on why ASEAN should maintain its policy of neutrality.

• Like 1