Covid UPDATE Saturday: 10,082 new infections, news briefs

Thaiger

What absolute garbage! Anybody who STILL believes all this propaganda and fear mongering needs psychiatric help urgently!! Wake up you damned fools!! You are being screwed!!

1 minute ago, Loongtip said:

What absolute garbage! Anybody who STILL believes all this propaganda and fear mongering needs psychiatric help urgently!! Wake up you damned fools!! You are being screwed!!

Wait a minute I'll just pop out and wake up those 101 people who died yesterday and ask them if they are fooling.  You really believe what you wrote ? you can't be serious as John McEnroe famously said.

From UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office Web Site:

Note sub paragraph in Section C which seems to be a policy desire to assist UK citizens living outwith the EU without relying on the UK's National Health Service. Hopefully FCO will advise / instruct overseas Embassies to assist the roll out of vaccines in ASEAN countries.

"Corporate report FCO outcome Delivery Pan: 2021 to 2022

Published 15 July 2021

Contents

Foreword

A. Executive summary

B. Introduction

C. Priority outcomes delivery plans

The FCDO will support the fair and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and mitigate the indirect health impacts of COVD-19 by supporting delivery of essential health services.

D. Strategic enablers

E. Our equality objectives"

Source UK Gov web site

53 minutes ago, Kes said:

The vaccines are an experiment. While current data may look good testing them is far from over. 

That's right. That is why is said: "no need for more" :))))

34 minutes ago, DCB said:

From UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office Web Site:

Note sub paragraph in Section C which seems to be a policy desire to assist UK citizens living outwith the EU without relying on the UK's National Health Service. Hopefully FCO will advise / instruct overseas Embassies to assist the roll out of vaccines in ASEAN countries.

"Corporate report FCO outcome Delivery Pan: 2021 to 2022

Published 15 July 2021

Contents

Foreword

A. Executive summary

B. Introduction

C. Priority outcomes delivery plans

The FCDO will support the fair and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and mitigate the indirect health impacts of COVD-19 by supporting delivery of essential health services.

D. Strategic enablers

E. Our equality objectives"

Source UK Gov web site

Let's see if the teflon staff at the British Embassy take any notice of that

Thailand is at the state of Europe/US in the spring '20, and has been for weeks. You'd know it if they were conducting the level of Malaysia testing, which has been double of Thailand's. Limited testing, limited infections, for certain countries, the "chart" is, and has been, priority one. Basically you can multiply the daily numbers by 5-10.

Edited by Leo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I was referring to the post that I quoted.  Your fascination with toilets is duly noted.   Perhaps the cleaning that you referred to is why Thai people smile so much.

Apologies @bushav8r, I read the quote a couple of times and still didn’t see the word, hence my false assumption. That said, toilets can be fascinating things, especially for the millions in the world who don’t have one. I’m lucky in that I have 3 in my house ?

8 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I believe Aussie Bob referred to a "bogan' in one of his posts.....possibly the one that bushav8r replied to (but the the full original post is not visible on the thread when replying).....if that makes sense !

Yes I think that was my confusion.  It’s not a term I’ve ever heard either. I have a friend who runs a bar in BKK who looks very similar to the picture posted by AussieBob recently. I’ll ask him about the word next time I see him!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

Apologies @bushav8r, I read the quote a couple of times and still didn’t see the word, hence my false assumption. That said, toilets can be fascinating things, especially for the millions in the world who don’t have one. I’m lucky in that I have 3 in my house ?

I only have one, but I really want to install a "bum gun".  Dry paper just isn't effective.

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes I think that was my confusion.  It’s not a term I’ve ever heard either. I have a friend who runs a bar in BKK who looks very similar to the picture posted by AussieBob recently. I’ll ask him about the word next time I see him!! 

It just caught my eye because I have heard the term used here in Canada in a much different context.  Crusty old bush pilots used to refer the native population as bogans... It was a abbreviation for toboggans as they typically moved their stuff around on toboggans in the winter.  Big toboggans loaded heavily with moose meat.  I have seen many guys in Bangkok who look like AussieBob...err..I mean Aussiebobs picture.  

Edited by bushav8r
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, AussieBob said:

A picture is worth a thousand words:

article-2677562-1F4D637B00000578-836_634x943.thumb.jpg.7c84ca8da83779c3f67f65add04a7bfd.jpg

Dont get me wrong - they are very friendly people (mostly) and they are OK (in small doses). But their understanding of how to get things done and how to do them right is not one of their strong suits - she'll be right mate is their mantra - for everything.  They love Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Beer.  I like all of those things - but in moderation. And going to Maccas or KFC is not going to a restaurant for a 'fancy night out'.  

https://www.dmarge.com/signs-youre-a-bogan 

This guy could be any one of half a dozen mates i've worked on site with and drank with too.As Bob said usually great fun to be with but with the odd violent nutter.But all characters.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tish said:

This guy could be any one of half a dozen mates i've worked on site with and drank with too.As Bob said usually great fun to be with but with the odd violent nutter.But all characters.

I hope you didn't drink too much,  555

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I hope you didn't drink too much,  555

You don't know how close to the truth that is hahaha.But nowt for 16 years now.

• Like 1