Heads Up via US Embassy: US Citizens can get vaccinated in Bangkok this Sunday

9S_

Via their email I received 

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

To register please click on this link:https://bit.ly/USTHvax2021

To get an appointment, you MUST: 1) pre-register through the above link AND, 2) receive an email confirmation from the Thai government.

Do not show up at the vaccination location without the above two things, or you will be turned away.  

It’s Astra Zeneca vaccine. 
It’s NOT provided by US embassy. 

• Like 1

I tried too all filled up ... Hard to believe it only took 15 min..

Something is very wrong here ! I emailed the US Embassy to see what's up .. I 'm sure I will get a very generic 

response...  : - (     I feel so helpless and trapped in Bangkok...

• Like 1

I have to pay my US taxes living abroad but am denied the vaccine offered free to all other citizens. France and Italian embassys take care of their own in Thailand while the US government pays r/t air fares for Thai solders to go pratice jumping out of airplanes in South Carolina.

• Like 2

Once again, the US government fails us in Thailand.

With virtually no notice, and only allowing a limited number of shots in one place, in one city...they have done us no service at all.

Wayan is right...they want us to pay taxes but when it comes to getting services, no, no, no.

If we were in the States it would be a simple walk in, show your ID, get your shot and schedule your return (if you were to get a second shot).

This is absurd for us to be left behind like this.

2 hours ago, Wayan said:

I have to pay my US taxes living abroad but am denied the vaccine offered free to all other citizens. France and Italian embassys take care of their own in Thailand while the US government pays r/t air fares for Thai solders to go pratice jumping out of airplanes in South Carolina.

There’s a bunch of Thai youtubers who fly to the US to get free vaccines…

3 hours ago, BainaiThai said:

When I tried the web site at 9:15 this morning the site had already shut down with a full queue. 

I didn’t realize we probably shared the same doses with the Canadians and Australians… and we only got one day. 

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

If we were in the States it would be a simple walk in, show your ID, get your shot and schedule your return (if you were to get a second shot).

I don’t think you need to show your ID. This Thai flew there, walked into a pharmacy and got his shot for free. (Towards end of his video) 

• Like 1

Hopefully the US citizens here in Thailand get an opportunity to have Pfizer or Moderna vaccines ASAP. I keep my eyes on the updates information??❤️