News Forum - Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

Thaiger

Military-backed senators yesterday told the Move Forward Party (MFP) that they won’t be helping them form a government. The MFP need at least 376 members to form a coalition government but Thai senators said that they won’t be getting any votes from them. They will have to find the votes from somewhere else if they …

The story Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

27 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Military-backed senators yesterday told the Move Forward Party (MFP) that they won’t be helping them form a government.

Gosh! How unbelievable that a senator appointed by the military junta - and paid by them - would not support a democratically-elected political party.

I have long held the belief that if this dream result became fact there would be another coup. Don't expect Prayut and his cronies to walk away from a free meal.

• Like 3

As I mentioned in another form yesterday...now Anutin is holding the trump card. Only he can make things happen.

"Many senators express their standpoint saying gaining the most votes does mean that you will be the government.”

Thai democracy 101...🤐

• Like 1

Senator Saki Pitakkumphon expressed another angle.

“The election result shows me the voice of the majority which I as a senator cannot refuse. Thai society has to respect a democratic system. If what we select is not good, we have the right to change after four years. If we insist on democracy, we have to respect the voice of the people. Using special powers cannot help Thailand out of a conflict .”

Hopefully there are more like this guy... 🤔🤔🤔🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Senator Saki Pitakkumphon expressed another angle.

“The election result shows me the voice of the majority which I as a senator cannot refuse. Thai society has to respect a democratic system. If what we select is not good, we have the right to change after four years. If we insist on democracy, we have to respect the voice of the people. Using special powers cannot help Thailand out of a conflict .”

Hopefully there are more like this guy... 🤔🤔🤔🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭♥️♥️♥️

Yes, I hope good sense prevails. There is no doubt what the people want, all candidates stated that they believe in democracy so now they should all stand up and abide by the people's choice.

This is a huge opportunity for a fresh start, all of the people with the power must do everything they can to ensure Thailand embraces this opportunity to show the world that democracy is indeed possible in South East Asia.

3 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

As I mentioned in another form yesterday...now Anutin is holding the trump card. Only he can make things happen.

This is where I was thinking it would end back at. anutin is a chameleon anyway. It is not as if he loves and respects Prayuth, just the opposite.

So the phony appointed 250 Regime senators are trying to act like big boys, but in reality they are only taking orders it would seem. They need to get tossed out as this whole appointment of them was and is a complete sham. The world is even reporting them as a farce.

Best for Thailand and peace would be to not be bad sports. The trough is hopefully dry for them now.

They are trying to slow things down until they can find a way to disqualify the MFP for some kind of political digression.

38 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

They are trying to slow things down until they can find a way to disqualify the MFP for some kind of political digression.

Or awaiting courier delivery of large brown parcels.

• Like 1

They call this a free and fair election, someone forgot to tell the bad losers who incidentally all wear the same military uniform.

Have a bad feeling about the future here in Thailand, hope I'm wrong.

Unlike last time the general public are a lot more united with regard to their stance on the military. The demonstrations on the streets will be epic if due process is not served

2 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Unlike last time the general public are a lot more united with regard to their stance on the military. The demonstrations on the streets will be epic if due process is not served

I agree 100%

Thais are way more involved and I just don't think they can get away with what they used to

MFP will not bribe its way to power.  This will be a test of patience and of integrity. Let the senators block the appointment of the elected government and watch the  people demand the removal of the senators. Anutin should not be dealt with. let him rot like the rest of them.

• Like 1