News Forum - Cannabis divide deepens ahead of General Election in Thailand

Thaiger

The future of marijuana in Thailand may become uncertain as political parties contesting in the upcoming national election call for the repeal of cannabis decriminalisation, which has been in effect for approximately one year. Pheu Thai Party‘s Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a prime ministerial candidate, has voiced her concerns about liberalised cannabis at a recent rally, stating …

The story Cannabis divide deepens ahead of General Election in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If they really want to see extreme hatred with disdain from the younger generation and the more liberal and pro usage Thai, then this is exactly the straw that will do that. Their popularity is already low, and if political parties such as PT controlled by the the guy in exile and others following the dinosaur brigade go contrary to what is already freed up, then they might just see an entire couple of generations fully turn their backs on them. 

That would be the craziest flip flop ever. They would destroy countless businesses and investments. If the war on drugs people get back in charge in Thailand history is very clear. They have no solutions aside from oppression and violence.

The government has been playing catch up with this from the day the laws were introduced. There is currently no test available for cannabis impaired driving.

• Like 1

Personally I have absolutely nothing against anyone who wants to smoke a joint of an evening. I dont do it myself (although I did as a youth) but what you know is that that guy will cause zero problems in a bar.

People who take other drugs or indeed alcohol may do though. Those are the ones I keep an eye on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I hate people that take drugs, you know like police officers and custom officials.

And bouncers, don't forget them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khunmark said:

The government has been playing catch up with this from the day the laws were introduced. There is currently no test available for cannabis impaired driving.

They would probably test for that if the stoner got involved in a serious traffic accident 

Rarely do they perform random tests on people driving by to see if they are drunk or under the influence of drugs/medicine. 

Unless it's a part of some late night money making scheme  of course.

i do indulge occasionally, and am in favour of legalisation. But the way it was legailised  in Thailand was very badly thought out, and with next to no checks or controls seems to have turned into a messy free for all.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And bouncers, don't forget them 

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

I hate people that take drugs, you know like police officers and custom officials.

If you take this lot out of sales, there is no supply. 😂

• Haha 1