News Forum - Thai woman murdered in Chiang Mai condo, farang husband missing - UPDATED

Thaiger

Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a Thai woman was discovered in a rented room at a famous condo in Chiang Mai province, northern Thailand, this morning. The deceased’s “farang husband,” who also lives in the room, is nowhere to be found. At approximately 10:45am, officers at Mae Ping Police Station …

The story Thai woman murdered in Chiang Mai condo, farang husband missing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is good that the foreinger's husband is not guilty, but they really need to make a big point to reverse their statement of they think he did it. Defamation. Now, what on earth did she die from is the next thing to know. Please don't tell me it was cyanide poisoning.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Now, what on earth did she die from is the next thing to know. Please don't tell me it was cyanide poisoning.

Have to await autopsy results although 'rat poison' or similar may cause organs to shut down, internal bleeding, diarrhea, and a horrible death.

Not good blaming the foreigner for murdering his wife without any evidence to support that claim. I'm sure defamation claims could be made.

• Like 2

Funny thing in Thailand if a Farang husband dies in suspicious circumstances the default position is suicide, if the Thai wife of a Farang dies the default position is he murdered her. Nothing like a bit of good old fashioned racism and double standards then!

• Like 2

If I was the foreign husband, I would be very distressed to hear that my wife died while I was away working in another country and both super pissed and worried at the same time that the police said I murdered her.  Kinda like “double jeopardy” of a loved one lost & accused at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

If I was the foreign husband, I would be very distressed to hear that my wife died while I was away working in another country and both super pissed and worried at the same time that the police said I murdered her.  Kinda like “double jeopardy” of a loved one lost & accused at the same time.

Sort of what you sign up for when deciding to live in a devopling country 

Not saying it it right at all 

I've been involved with police intimidating my GF bad enough she had to leave Phuket

But so many guys rail on their country's ills 

But this is the trade-off if you are unlucky 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Sort of what you sign up for when deciding to live in a devopling country 

Not saying it it right at all 

I've been involved with police intimidating my GF bad enough she had to leave Phuket

But so many guys rail on their country's ills 

But this is the trade-off if you are unlucky 

Yeah it is a risk that has always been on the back of my mind.  My wife has high ranking friends that are RTP and think that if I pissed her off accidentally that I could disappear and my body would never be found. 😂

8 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

Yeah it is a risk that has always been on the back of my mind.  My wife has high ranking friends that are RTP and think that if I pissed her off accidentally that I could disappear and my body would never be found. 😂

No offense but I wouldn't look at having high ranking friends in any aspect in Thailand as a positive

They are all dirty as he'll

I was offered to be introduced to the highest of highs and it may have been very good for my business

But I politely declined

I have no desire to mix with anyone connected or "hi-so" in Thailand 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

No offense but I wouldn't look at having high ranking friends in any aspect in Thailand as a positive

They are all dirty as he'll

I was offered to be introduced to the highest of highs and it may have been very good for my business

But I politely declined

I have no desire to mix with anyone connected or "hi-so" in Thailand 

No offense taken!.  I just keep it on the back of my mind that this could be possible. I let both my adult kids know also and my son who has traveled here to Thailand several times understands many things over here including the corruption.  My wife has been friends with them for many years before she met me and I don’t tell her who she can have as friends and a few farang friends over here, who I also have told, and she has no say either who my friends can be as I knew them before we were introduced.  So far it has never been an issue.

39 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

No offense taken!.  I just keep it on the back of my mind that this could be possible. I let both my adult kids know also and my son who has traveled here to Thailand several times understands many things over here including the corruption.  My wife has been friends with them for many years before she met me and I don’t tell her who she can have as friends and a few farang friends over here, who I also have told, and she has no say either who my friends can be as I knew them before we were introduced.  So far it has never been an issue.

Yes of course you can't tell her who to be friends and good on you for not doing so

And it seems you have a healthy skepticism and perspective

Hey they could be great and a benefit to your wife

By the way I was just having this conversation with my wife yesterday that I would take Asian corruption over the corruption in US any day, at least in Asia you sometimes get something for the corruption

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Hey they could be great and a benefit to your wife

By the way I was just having this conversation with my wife yesterday that I would take Asian corruption over the corruption in US any day, at least in Asia you sometimes get something for the corruption

My wife says her friends have helped about speeding tickets and says we get a lot of them now that I am driving.  Not sure if it is true or not as she is giving me a hard time, but I guess it is a benefit. One said that someone else in Thailand is driving around with the same license plate number and getting speeding tickets up in northeast Thailand in which neither of us have been up in that part of Thailand in over ten years 😂

I’ll drink all three brands of beer, but I usually ask for Leo first and if not then Chang and Singha last.  Seemed like this past winter most restaurants that we went too were out of Leo so ended up with Chang or Heineken.

Thai corruption is more out in the open or kinda expected here, whereas in the US you don’t know which politician is stabbing us in the back. When I go back to the States it seems like it is a totally different country from 5-10 years ago.  Lots of stress and anger sadly.