Covid-19 situation has not improved, stricter rules being discussed -CCSA

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Yepp. And it's not isolated rare cases. This is yesterday's flyer in Samui's well "connected" club. 

Of course no alcohol, and all hundred+ people were socially distanced in masks. :) yeah

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 18.52.36.jpeg

In a sense it feels like we are all now on the Thaitanic being forced to listen to the music they play while the ship is going down. No life boats for the commoner peons.

• Haha 2

I will be interested to see what, if any changes are supplied. Frankly, in our village, nothing has changed despite our province now being at the maximum colour coding.

Stay home, work from home – we have a working farm and go nowhere.

No one out between 9pm and 4am – where are we supposed to go, see the cows perhaps?

Wear masks outside – already have been doing for months on end.

No gatherings over 5 persons except for religious events – the only gatherings our village has are religious events!

Online schooling – already doing it for past month!

Get vaccinated – there are no vaccines on offer for us!

I have been reading about past world pandemics and what governments did at the time. Also, many companies, and governments plan “what if” scenarios to identify their needs in crisis situations. But what if the sheer numbers of infections totally over-whelm any plan you have? What do you do next?

I am not qualified to offer the answer to those questions, especially when smarter people than me cannot agree on a proper and effective response!

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

Lockdowns are the solution to stopping case numbers rising, it doesn’t cure anything. But it needs to be a lockdown. Half-arsed ones destroy the economy and don’t stop case numbers increasing, they just slow the rate of increase (slightly). They need to do two things 

Hard lockdown everywhere. Everything but essential services locked down for 4 weeks. Get numbers under control. At the moment people can still go shopping. Walking around and having coffee with friends, Travelling to see family. Going to the office. That’s not a lockdown, that’s window dressing.  

Secondly, buy as many vaccines at whatever cost as fast as possible and start vaccinating people.  

If they don’t do these things then it will get worse and set the country back further. 

Well you need people to listen too, it only takes a few to jeopardize a community, spreading the virus and keeping it going. 

54 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

In a sense it feels like we are all now on the Thaitanic being forced to listen to the music they play while the ship is going down. No life boats for the commoner peons.

You're on the MV Thaiger, no music, just man the lifeboats when I sound the alarm.  ?

Out around superhighway BigC and Makro yesterday the number of southern province vehicles is alarming and although checkpoints are in situ, everyone sits around in the shade doing nothing.

Fortunately our total of 76 cases (reported yesterday) can be broken down to one large village cluster and 12 imports from south.  Only 14 were local community transmissions. 

The data below is as released by the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee at 1:01 pm today, Saturday, July 17.

52 new COVID-19 cases in Chiang Mai Province today

the total cases since April 5 is now 4,678

4,181 now recovered (+2)

27 dead (no change)

Data from ChiangMaiNewsInEnglish Facebook Group.

37 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You're on the MV Thaiger, no music, just man the lifeboats when I sound the alarm.  ?

Out around superhighway BigC and Makro yesterday the number of southern province vehicles is alarming and although checkpoints are in situ, everyone sits around in the shade doing nothing.

Fortunately our total of 76 cases (reported yesterday) can be broken down to one large village cluster and 12 imports from south.  Only 14 were local community transmissions. 

The data below is as released by the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee at 1:01 pm today, Saturday, July 17.

52 new COVID-19 cases in Chiang Mai Province today

the total cases since April 5 is now 4,678

4,181 now recovered (+2)

27 dead (no change)

Data from ChiangMaiNewsInEnglish Facebook Group.

No doesn't surprise me. When we drove through the super highway one last weekend to go eat they had a couple of Bangkok cars pulled over, but then a few days before that nuthin and only sitting playing tiddly winks on their phones. When I went to go running yesterday I could see a lot of BKK cars. I wanted to go shopping today at Makro, but the wife said no too many people. Can't disagree as last weekend was a nightmare there. Everyone buying to go out and try to sell food. I figure CM is higher than those numbers and will crack at some point to be restrained. The wife is getting worried and upset  at the bozos driving their agenda to no vaccine accept the you know what. Jump on and hold tight.

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

Well you need people to listen too, it only takes a few to jeopardize a community, spreading the virus and keeping it going. 

Yes I agree. You can issue as many “orders” as you like, but in the end it comes down to individual behaviours. I realise it’s totally unrealistic, but if the whole planet simply isolated for 3-4 weeks, this virus couldn’t spread. An impossible option but it would solve most of the problem. It’s the same here in the U.K. People are told to wear face masks to help reduce the spread of this airborne disease and then you get people like this. The first one is of “A leading Virologist Professor”. He’s wearing a mask with a valve on it which just spreads unfiltered air through the valve. The second is of the previous leader of the second largest political party in the U.K. (Labour). Mask on but nose uncovered. Why don’t people realise they breath out of their nose as well as their mouth?  Odd isn’t it!   

4CC28669-F89E-471D-AC29-D0920243C455.jpeg

3FC248C8-F60F-44B0-A643-87052C07DE12.jpeg

They mess it up with their missmanagemt especiall with the big mess with the vaccination and now they wanna punish yhe people for their mess and endless incompetence.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Could it be that lockdowns aren't the solution?

Theoretically a lockdown is a solution. Try to imagine that everybody in the world would stay alone in a room for a period of a month. That would be the end for Covid.

But everybody would have to comply, without any exception.

The only reason this lockdown doesn't work is because it's not a lockdown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

Try to imagine that everybody in the world would stay alone in a room for a period of a month. That would be the end for Covid.

No reasonable human would accept this despotic, inhumane idea, so of course this would never work and no conscious person would (or should) comply with a measure like this. In my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

You all appear to be completely missing the point entirely, is Covid 19 real!! What happened to Covid1, Covid2 was SARS, Covid;s 3 to 18 were never mentioned, now we have covid 19. Please tell me that this is not manufactured by people to control people!!

4 minutes ago, Moose said:

You all appear to be completely missing the point entirely, is Covid 19 real!! What happened to Covid1, Covid2 was SARS, Covid;s 3 to 18 were never mentioned, now we have covid 19. Please tell me that this is not manufactured by people to control people!!

Wait, that's old news now. Covid 20 and 21 was overlooked so covid 22 must be around the corner. I can not tell you it was manufactured by people to control people but I do think perhaps it was manufactured by people who couldn't count up to 20,  what do you think ?

On 7/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, DSB said:

I have been saying for months the only way is a good quality vaccine ,no one listens .

Err, this was your first post yet you say "I have been saying for months", so who to, not to us on this forum ? Anyway , why not do an introduction under "introductions"

On 7/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, DSB said:

I have been saying for months the only way is a good quality vaccine ,no one listens .

... and rightly so, because it is totally wrong.