News Forum - UK prime minister defends police after anti-monarchist arrests during coronation

Thaiger

LONDON – UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak defended the country’s police forces on Tuesday, emphasizing their operational independence after facing criticism for arresting anti-monarchists prior to a protest at King Charles III’s coronation. Sunak expressed his support for London’s Metropolitan Police, which had been condemned for detaining six members of the advocacy group Republic just …

The story UK prime minister defends police after anti-monarchist arrests during coronation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Have we got to a stage now when the police does its job there is an inquiry and it also begs the question that if the police can deal with these nut jobs why can't they move the 'just stop oil' idiots that block the public highway, it is a rhetorical question I already believe I know the answer. 

I have a level of sympathy with people who wish to see an end to the Royalty. 

However there needs to be some common sense applied to where you protest and how you do so.

I am a Royalist but I fully support the right to peaceful protest. However, such protest comes with responsibility.