News Forum - Thai actress cleared of wrongdoing after buying cyanide to kill lizards

Thaiger

The Royal Thai Police found nothing criminal about a famous Thai actress’ online purchase of cyanide after calling her in for questioning last week, deputy national police chief Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn said yesterday. Preechaya “Ice” Pongthananikorn wept during an interview as she apologised for ordering cyanide without a permit on April 25 for a …

The story Thai actress cleared of wrongdoing after buying cyanide to kill lizards as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

People talk about the usual red flags for Thai women, and we're all familiar with them. 

But treatment of animals should be right up there too. I know that my wife would do anything but kill to get rid of the creatures on Buddhist grounds.

I would be highly suspect of anyone whose modus operandi is to kill. 

Doesn't inspire confidence in how she treats humans.

• Like 1

Hmm, so despite establishing that the law was broken the police take no action, is that because she is an 'actress'? Will everyone else who gets identified as buying this poison also be let off or just anyone pretty and high profile?

• Like 1

She is so lucky that she didn't kill herself or an innocent person with Cyanide. As someone who used Cyanide in bulk in the mining industry I can confirm that it only takes a few grams of powder to kill someone if they ingest it or she could have accidentally gassed herself if she had added cyanide powder to an acidic solution in order to spray the solution. The seller should be jailed for selling it to unauthorized persons. Madness prevails here sometimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

People talk about the usual red flags for Thai women, and we're all familiar with them. 

But treatment of animals should be right up there too. I know that my wife would do anything but kill to get rid of the creatures on Buddhist grounds.

I would be highly suspect of anyone whose modus operandi is to kill. 

Doesn't inspire confidence in how she treats humans.

Wait so you guys just let snakes and monitor lizards roam around your house????

Even if they could kill your dogs?

49 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Wait so you guys just let snakes and monitor lizards roam around your house????

Even if they could kill your dogs?

No, I didn't say that. There's people you can call out to remove them. 

Had small snakes in my garden before and never any issues with the dogs, the snakes are far more worried about the dog than the dog by the snake. Had monitors a couple of times, albeit not too big. No problem there too.

Like I said, for big ones, monitors or snakes, there's people you can call out. In Bangkok there's a dedicated government removal service, ready to get the python unstuck from your pipes..🐍🐍🐊🐊

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/20/770637127/when-snakes-slither-into-bangkok-homes-this-is-the-wrangler-who-gets-rid-of-them

Quite an interesting article...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

No, I didn't say that. There's people you can call out to remove them. 

Had small snakes in my garden before and never any issues with the dogs, the snakes are far more worried about the dog than the dog by the snake. Had monitors a couple of times, albeit not too big. No problem there too.

Like I said, for big ones, monitors or snakes, there's people you can call out. In Bangkok there's a dedicated government removal service, ready to get the python unstuck from your pipes..🐍🐍🐊🐊

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/20/770637127/when-snakes-slither-into-bangkok-homes-this-is-the-wrangler-who-gets-rid-of-them

Quite an interesting article...

We have had a lot of problems with snakes and one MASSIVE monitor lizard(he was massive)

Our house is at the end of the street with a massive vacant field next to it

So we put this powder around the perimiter and it was working

I don't think it kills them but deters them

But because of all the rain the powder didn't do any good

But I would put something that killed them as well, I am not taking a chance on my dogs getting hurt

Even though as you say, they seem more afraid of my MIL's little dog 

Snakes relocate yourself or kill if have dangerous ones, and fir big python ones remove or let them go on their way. I relocate personally relatively not dangerously snakes and all toke by hand. My Old house would just kill the dangerous ones. Toke are a pain in da arse and I now have a new one to remove and relocate. For some reason they love my outside awnings and high fences that are welded. I think killing a monitor is illegal and thank goodness they are not in my neighborhood. Cyanide is just a stupid chemical that should be left alone. 

19 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Snakes relocate yourself or kill if have dangerous ones, and fir big python ones remove or let them go on their way. I relocate personally relatively not dangerously snakes and all toke by hand. My Old house would just kill the dangerous ones. Toke are a pain in da arse and I now have a new one to remove and relocate. For some reason they love my outside awnings and high fences that are welded. I think killing a monitor is illegal and thank goodness they are not in my neighborhood. Cyanide is just a stupid chemical that should be left alone. 

Euro is very proud of herself for killing this bugger

But she doesn't back down to any snales or Monitor lizards and that's our worry

One is going to get her eventually 

So I'd rather kill them before they kill her 

The monitor was as big as a crocodile and she was nose to nose with it

Now my Golden

If he were there, he'd be booking it into the house and locking the door. 😀

1683560912304.jpg

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Euro is very proud of herself for killing this bugger

But she doesn't back down to any snales or Monitor lizards and that's our worry

One is going to get her eventually 

So I'd rather kill them before they kill her 

The monitor was as big as a crocodile and she was nose to nose with it

Now my Golden

If he were there, he'd be booking it into the house and locking the door. 😀

1683560912304.jpg

I am not opposed to it but you would have to be super discreet here. Might be something if caught doing would get you deported with a criminal conviction. If you ask me they are the smaller less lethal version of a Komodo. My dogs are my babies and no one or anything touches them. Have you seen the video of the old man in the USA whacking a gator charging him with a cast iron frying pan? Hilarious. 

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am not opposed to it but you would have to be super discreet here. Might be something if caught doing would get you deported with a criminal conviction. If you ask me they are the smaller less lethal version of a Komodo. My dogs are my babies and no one or anything touches them. Have you seen the video of the old man in the USA whacking a gator charging him with a cast iron frying pan? Hilarious. 

The powder we use is legal and sold in Thailand

I don't have a picture

And it worked but once the rains came for months it washed away

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

The powder we use is legal and sold in Thailand

I don't have a picture

And it worked but once the rains came for months it washed away

Yeah, those darn things are full out hunters, and fast if they want to be. Your little Fido would not stand a chance. 

19 hours ago, Smiler said:

She thought ordering cyanide online would be ok? How is that even allowed here? 

This case surrounding Am cyanide is certainly exposing shortcomings in procedures and legislation.

19 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Hmm, so despite establishing that the law was broken the police take no action, is that because she is an 'actress'? Will everyone else who gets identified as buying this poison also be let off or just anyone pretty and high profile?

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2023/05/04/cyanide-a-regulated-hazardous-chemical-public-reassured-after-serial-killings
the legal status of the purchase of cyanide online is located in the final paragraph of the above article. It’s the supplier in this instance, that has a case to answer. 

No thorough oversight on the import and distribution of cyanide and no thorough oversight on the performance of an autopsy has made Thailand the perfect location to commit murder.