Thailand looks into 10-year visa for the rich allowing land and property ownership

Thaiger

Thailand wants to attach the rich. A scheme to offer long-stay visas to wealthy and “highly skilled” foreigners is in the works. The visa would allow a stay of up to 10 years and foreigners would be able to own land and property in Thailand. Deputy Prime Minister Supattanapong Punmeechaow plans to propose the visa plan to the Cabinet. So far, the scheme in principle has been approved by the Centre for Economic Situation Administration. The visa scheme is targeted at 4 types of wealthy foreigners: rich “global citizens,” rich retirees, rich professionals working in Thailand, and highly skilled professionals. […]

The post Thailand looks into 10-year visa for the rich allowing land and property ownership appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Please tell me why The Thaiger continues to repeat this rubbish which must have been reported at least 6 times previously.  If you’re short of news then report something local and not just cut and paste from National outlets. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blot said:

Please tell me why The Thaiger continues to repeat this rubbish which must have been reported at least 6 times previously.  If you’re short of news then report something local and not just cut and paste from National outlets. 

I have to agree - I've lost count of the number of times this story has been repeated here, with only cosmetic variations.

It's not even worth pointing out the absurdity of such schemes anymore.

• Like 2

Why does every one of these schemes require large sums of money going from a foreigner to Thailand? You would need to entice me with a lot more than a 10 year visa to part with that level of money. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand wants to attach the rich.

with strings and have a go at Punch and Judy ..

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

I am seriously interested in the "Rich Retiree Program."  I would like to buy a house legally.  Would you kindly let me know the next step in applying?

hummm what if after 10 years a home and land owner does not have his visa renewed ? is it wise to buy under this scheme with the rate of corruption of this country?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blot said:

And you joined just a while ago to tell us that ?

Once again Thailand overprices.

Thai greed kills most deals in Thailand, and link that with the possiblity that a military coup could occur, which if successful might change the laws for foreigners,  consequently this latest Thai offer is a risky proposition.

• Like 2

Great, so people like myself that have been married to a Thai over 20 years, bought property, vehicles, helped relatives with schooling, vehicles, homes, health care can just bend over and take the middle finger because the best years of our lives have past by?

Thanks LOS.

• Like 2

another silly idea, when will it stop, people with that much money can go any where in the  world, so why Thailand, they need to get real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Great, so people like myself that have been married to a Thai over 20 years, bought property, vehicles, helped relatives with schooling, vehicles, homes, health care can just bend over and take the middle finger because the best years of our lives have past by?

Thanks LOS.

I can see your point however your view that "best years of our lives have past by?" is rather fatalistic is it not ? Guess if you consider the best years are those inspired by materialistic values  or  not I guess.

3 hours ago, RichRetiree said:

I am seriously interested in the "Rich Retiree Program."  I would like to buy a house legally.  Would you kindly let me know the next step in applying?

Seeing this published as law in the Thai Royal Gazette. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichRetiree said:

No point unless you are also a hansum man 

The Chinese will come in and buy up everything. And Thailand will be a province of China in just a few years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rubbish visa again why anyway there are elite visa add it to that, always about money, but they can not make a descent NOMAD visa... regards they are keep on digging for money and end up with NOTHING... such a losers.. 9h by the way I am pissed on these nonsense things... i hate selfish, greedy behavior thailand is all that... me me me

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1

Just google Best countries for a second passport, and see why this ten year deal in Thialand is a joke in comparison .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pascal said:

hummm what if after 10 years a home and land owner does not have his visa renewed ? is it wise to buy under this scheme with the rate of corruption of this country?

Or he wants to take out part of his mandatory investment ....

1 hour ago, TobyAndrews said:

Just google Best countries for a second passport, and see why this ten year deal in Thialand is a joke in comparison .

Exactly, why buy a visa for $500K when you can buy citizenship elsewhere for a fraction of that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Why does every one of these schemes require large sums of money going from a foreigner to Thailand? You would need to entice me with a lot more than a 10 year visa to part with that level of money. 

After a decade of living in LOS I would say the most important thing to remember when dealing with thais

As Ive been told by them many times..MONEY #1.....If you always remember this, and it all makes sense

Adjust your perspective to acknowledge this truth and how thais live by this mantra ..Money and Family..

55 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Look into it deeply.  Then wake up.

+1

Thailand will never allow land ownership by Farangs...