News Forum - Crafty Thai woman allegedly steals British tourist’s Rolex in Pattaya

Thaiger

A British man is warning tourists to keep their wits about them in Pattaya, Thailand, after he was allegedly deceived by a Thai woman who he claims stole his luxury Rolex watch worth almost one million baht. At 11pm yesterday, a 38 year old anonymous man of British nationality spoke to reporters about his bad …

The story Crafty Thai woman allegedly steals British tourist’s Rolex in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes there is a reason everyone staying in a condo or hotel makes sure they have a security box bolted to the wall or cabinet.  It is there to put valuables into.  Remember that 

I am sure that the Thai woman might have given him a wonderful memorable night before leaving....🤣

3 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Yes there is a reason everyone staying in a condo or hotel makes sure they have a security box bolted to the wall or cabinet.  It is there to put valuables into.  Remember that 

Better - but even that is not safe, there was a story here not that long ago about a woman making off with the whole security box. I don't much sympathy for this individual though, it was foolish to put that much temptation in the woman's way.  

"but even that is not safe, there was a story here not that long ago about a woman making off with the whole security box"

Safe enough if it is bolted to the wall as they are in most western hotels, sadly Thailand hotels even if they provide safes in the rooms fall short of the last step of bolting them to the wall.

7 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

No reason to wear a Rolex when travelling

I have a few expensive watches and wear my $200 Seiko(which I love as much as my 10k watches) when travelling

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No reason to wear a Rolex when travelling

Maybe he had just purchased his new ROLLEX from a street vender for a bargain price.

37 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe he had just purchased his new ROLLEX from a street vender for a bargain price.

Ha

Could be

I bought a gorgeous Omega that hasn't missed a second in 3 years in Samui 2 years ago

I use that to travel with too

Tough luck for that Brits, he still smiling because he will get that amount of money from his insurance. So, where's the CCTV proof of that lady entering the condo? Any security guard in that condo too?

Does  insurance for theft cover loss when you were bringing a woman you met by chance back to your condo room? 

Edited by Mamachigawa