News Forum - Hong Kong sees almost double fatal and severe Covid-19 cases in a week

Thaiger

The number of fatal and severe Covid-19 cases in Hong Kong saw a significant increase last week, nearly double the amount of the previous week, according to health authorities. Despite the rise, experts emphasised that the death rate remains small when compared to the potential daily number of infections. The news coincided with the death …

The story Hong Kong sees almost double fatal and severe Covid-19 cases in a week as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Meanwhile WHO declare C19 over. 

I noticed that mask wearing seems to average about 50% now in Thailand. Maybe by 2026 they'll have ditched them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at the roundabout way the story is reported. It mentions Covid and influenza, but you have to scroll down a long way to find out that the problem, with the 13-year-old girl anyway, was sepsis. There is little detail about the 17-year-old other than he was unvaccinated. If he had sepsis as well, which it seems to indicate, it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference whether he’d taken the snake oil or not. Too many want to keep this going. Every year thousands die of flu, and always have. They do not like to mention this. I watched a  film last night called ‘Contagion’ from 2011. Uncanny!

The incidents of Covid related illness and death are also related to LACK of a certifiable vaccine.

I would expect the numbers of Chinese deaths to skyrocket.

Sad but if you poorly prepare your population for this virus you have to cop the consequences.

I only hope the rest of the world maintains status quo and recognises that ZJP is happy to bear the numbers from his incompetence.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The number of fatal and severe Covid-19 cases in Hong Kong saw a significant increase last week, nearly double the amount of the previous week,

The total that previous week …… one;    This week two;  ….. it doubled so what.

22 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

The total that previous week …… one;    This week two;  ….. it doubled so what.

Numbers like that are a Statitians wet dream 🤣.

The issue with Hong Kong is that the highest risk group (the elderly) have the lowest vaccination status. These are the people who are being hospitalized  and who are dying.  The people who are least affected are the young and the fully vaccinated.

On 5/6/2023 at 4:19 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Meanwhile WHO declare C19 over. 

I noticed that mask wearing seems to average about 50% now in Thailand. Maybe by 2026 they'll have ditched them. 

What has WHO got as a panic tool to replace it with?

As for the masks, I think you are very optimistic. I still see car drivers, on their own, wearing masks. There is an overall belief that these paper masks will protect them, regardless. Look at the motorcycle riders wearing them - without a helmet.