News Forum - Honest Thai couple hand over bag with lost 100,000 baht to police in Ratchaburi

Thaiger

An honest Thai couple discovered a bag with 100,000 baht inside in front of a shopping mall in the central province of Ratchaburi and notified the police so they can search for its owner. Eighteen year old Kittisak “Zen” Thaweechokhirun, and his 18 year old girlfriend, Potchathawat “Mali” Sabumuang, last night reported the cash-filled bag they …

The story Honest Thai couple hand over bag with lost 100,000 baht to police in Ratchaburi as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good and honest teenagers. Their parents have done a wonderful job in the upbringing of their children with high level of dignity and honesty. Good bless the kids. They really made their parents proud. 

• Like 1

These people are really brave.  If I find a bag of 100,000 baht, I'm dropping that thing and getting away as fast as possible.

There is never a clean reason to leave a bag of cash in public.  Usually its a ransome, kidnapping or drug payment.

Yet here is this lady patting herself on the back for not causing somebody a problem by notifying security.

Edited by KomanderChicknNugget

54 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

These people are really brave.  If I find a bag of 100,000 baht, I'm dropping that thing and getting away as fast as possible.

There is never a clean reason to leave a bag of cash in public.  Usually its a ransome, kidnapping or drug payment.

Yet here is this lady patting herself on the back for not causing somebody a problem by notifying security.

100k is not a ton of money

People could have that in cash for all sorts of legit reasons

I look at it this way.  No cameras recording in the mall then I would gather 80% would take the bag and the contents. This was how it used to be here. Fast way to end up in jail as is illegal. Even a wallet on the street or a 1000 baht bill dropped in a public place could put you in hot water. Just not worth it. For me I would just call security and let them deal with it. Wouldn't even touch it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

It's a good night out... 

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Around here that is dream money to most in the village.

Cases like this still give hope the Thai population can live in a civilised world without out the scams etc.

I know the percentage is low but there is that minute percentage. 🙃