News Forum - Gunman kills neighbour and injures young girl before arrest in deadly rampage in Thai village

Thaiger

Police arrested a Thai gunman after he murdered one of his neighbours and wounded a 12 year old girl in a village in the northern province of Lampang. The murderer was suffering from paranoia and thought the victim planned to kill him. He is now undergoing a drug test. Officers from Jae Hom Police Station discovered …

The story Gunman kills neighbour and injures young girl before arrest in deadly rampage in Thai village as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

nope, but largely the violence is contained within the local population.

if your a tourist its largely still the land of smiles, just don't get on anyones nerves and pay all your bar bills.

I've lived here a number of years, but these days I watch people and keep an eye on my loved ones. Its quite unpredictable trying to figure it out, but amongst thai people most crimes relate to jealousy,  money ,  drugs and naieve foreigners thats my experience.

Jealousy seems to be a big one according to the reporting of this newspaper.  If you get an elected government it might all change..Personally I dont know whats causing it all, but it does seem to be escalating recently