News Forum - Phuket motorbike rider’s viral video sparks amusement and debate

Thaiger

On Wednesday, a video titled “The end of a reckless teenager” was posted by TikTok user @lineage5578, showing a young man proudly displaying his modified motorbike. At the beginning of the video, he revs the engine to demonstrate its loud and powerful exhaust, before setting off on a nighttime ride. Keen observers will note that …

The story Phuket motorbike rider’s viral video sparks amusement and debate as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

After viewing the clip, it looks to me that the noise of the exhaust is far more smoother than the the exhaust from a HD bike. HD bikes are more noisy that this simple bike. However as a biker, I would say that the exhaust noise is nice to hear. Anyway modifications of original exhaust is against the law.  

I love real sounding bikes like Harelys, Triumphs, etc, but I absolutely hate any stupid little modified garbage bike with exhaust pipes that try to make them sound loud. My neighbor has one and they stopped using it because I kept yelling at them. Yeah, no love there! Get a real bike or leave it as it is. Funny that my other neighbor on the other side of my house has a Royal Enfield and that is beefy sounding, but is ok becasue it is real sounding.

• Thanks 1

I have to plead guilty to having owned some rather loud motorcycles in the past. I did find the "not legal for road use" marked silencer fitted to the Triumph Speed Triple that I owned a few years back very good at reminding pedestrians that wandering across the road without looking was a rather bad idea, but the go-faster (louder) exhausts that get fitted to small motorcycles and scooters are just plain annoying though, and actually often reduce performance rather than enhance it.     

• Like 1

Never understood the reasoning for deliberately modifying to make a bike louder, faster yes, but louder just tells the world that you are riding an insignificant bike that no one would otherwise notice and you are probably compensating for having a small d*ck :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Never understood the reasoning for deliberately modifying to make a bike louder, faster yes, but louder just tells the world that you are riding an insignificant bike that no one would otherwise notice and you are probably compensating for having a small d*ck :)

Precisely. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisS said:

I don't know, I don't think it's necessarily a d*ck thing in Asia. Plenty of ladies do it. It's just their thing to customize the little they have.

It's annoying but not more than a big bike, and I find it pathetic that someone would harass one neighbor but not the other about the noise, depending on whether they find it legit or not.

This stuff happens thousands of times a day in Thailand, cops writing tickets to motorcyclists. It’s just teenager culture to put loud pipes on their 110 or 125cc scooters. They don’t care if it affects the performance of the bike, and I don’t think ot has any correlation to their penis size. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:37 PM, Spike2112 said:

It’s just teenager culture to put loud pipes on their 110 or 125cc scooters. They don’t care if it affects the performance of the bike, and I don’t think ot has any correlation to their penis size. 

This is not only happening it Thailand. This is a global Pandemic and happens in every corner of the earth in one form or another. Only thing is that in some places the enforcement is high and in some places it is just like a "Cow boy town".