News Forum - Vietnamese man loses hearing after showering with cold water at night

Thaiger

A 30 year old Vietnamese man experienced a sudden hearing loss in his left ear while taking a cold shower at night, and within just two days, his hearing was irreversibly impaired. Medical experts from the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at Hong Ngoc General Hospital in Vietnam identified that the patient’s loss of hearing resulted from …

The story Vietnamese man loses hearing after showering with cold water at night as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One man out of many millions who took a cold shower at night. What has the night got to do with it.

What about the millions of people who swim in the cold Atlantic and other oceans daily and teh many people who take cold showers every night because they cannot afford hot water. Cold in Thailand and Vietnam is definitely not cold in comparison to  the European countries

This man has suffered hearing loss  due to something going wrong in his body,circulation or otherwise

I will continue risking hearing loss by having a cold shower.

Just keep your ears dry if you are concerned

• Like 2

You'd think there would be some other reports of this phenomena what with billions of people going swimming in cold water daily. I also doubt that vasoconstriction would be noticeable more than a few mm below the surface of the skin - hardly deep enough to affect the inner ear.

• Like 3

Hell they dont even have "cold water" on tap in Thailand! I would take cold rinses in Alaska all the time in the winter time and my hearing is fine!

• Like 2

And now we see how so easily basic science got completely screwed up over an event covering the whole world over the last three years.

This piece is prima facie that its writer is scientifically illiterate and just swallows nonsense because it comes from a "doctor."

Other comments have already ridiculed and pointed out why this is nonsense, so I don't need to elaborate.

• Like 1