News Forum - Stray dogs intimidate foreign tourists at Krabi’s Ao Nang Beach

Thaiger

There’s been more drama involving stray dogs at Ao Nang Beach in Krabi province. A pack of stray dogs intimidated two foreign tourists on the beach, The Phuket Express reported yesterday. The couple was walking their pet dog along the beach when the pack of five to six strays aggressively barked at them. The couple tried to …

The story Stray dogs intimidate foreign tourists at Krabi’s Ao Nang Beach as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You introduce a stranger into their territory and expect them to remain calm? No way as it is their basic animal instinct. They see your dog as a competitor and a stranger invading their home.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

You introduce a stranger into their territory and expect them to remain calm? No way as it is their basic animal instinct. They see your dog as a competitor and a stranger invading their home.  

So in your eyes, these strays own the whole beach?  The entire waterfront is their territory?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

That's a bizarre take

People are allowed to walk their dogs 

But these people may be relatively new walking their dog in Thailand 

You just take a stick

You don't need to hit them

Really just raise it and they will scurry

But it really is a pain in the ass, trying to walk your dog with the Soi Dogs around 

We had my German Shepherd in Patong and the Soi dogs would go wild

They eventually got used to him and knew he wasn't backing down 

But it is a negative for me

Since having a dog is a huge part of my life and always will be

• Like 1

This end of the beach is typical for where they are at. I drank on the beach right there for a few beers one night last year and one came up and sat by me. The reality is they are a total safety concern for some, and these folk walking their dog are clueless and should have picked their dog up immediately and walked away from them. I agreewith Marc26, as in you need to know how to act with these type of dogs. I also think the dogs don't mind most all of the people, but they have a feeling and can read others and that is where problems can come in.