News Forum - Fox News and Tucker Carlson announce shock split days after $787.5m defamation settlement

Thaiger

34 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

I am certain that you are tall, thin, quite hairy and handsome, well-sighted, and a pure Capitalist who appreciates Tibetan culture.

5 out of 7 correct SW, but I’ll let you guess which ones 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Wackamole said:

Maybe because Don Lemon has always been inconsequential? Also Fox/Newsmax/OAN viewers need to stop assuming that everybody who's ever so slightly "cOgNiTiVelY tHeRe" has to be getting brainwashed from the other side.

As we can see here on this thread, one dude is in complete denial of reality when others have patiently given him the hard facts he was demanding.

Fixed that last part for you.

Lol 😂, glad you fixed that last part, but not for me.  

I only read a news report that Don Lemon was also let go this weekend too, but many peeps got their panties all bunched up about Fox News & Tucker.  I didn’t know Don was inconsequential as I only read in the news that he was with CNN for 17 years and was let go and thought he was one of CNN’s celebrities and not just an employee. Oh well ignorance is bliss sometimes 😂

I haven’t lived in the US since 2005, so I don’t know Tucker or that other guy from CNN and never seen their shows.  I have read their names on the internet news a few times, but to me just another name about people I don’t know.  When I was working I never had the time to listen to talking heads that stir up stress in everybody and retirement I am too old and just trying to live one day at a time and enjoy my last years on this blue marble.

Yea there will always seem to be one that will stay in denial of reality or on any topic.  My feelings are why waste your time on him, because in the big picture it doesn’t really matter.

37 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

I only read a news report that Don Lemon was also let go this weekend too, but many peeps got their panties all bunched up about Fox News & Tucker.  I didn’t know Don was inconsequential as I only read in the news that he was with CNN for 17 years and was let go and thought he was one of CNN’s celebrities and not just an employee. Oh well ignorance is bliss sometimes 😂

I haven’t lived in the US since 2005, so I don’t know Tucker or that other guy from CNN and never seen their shows.  I have read their names on the internet news a few times, but to me just another name about people I don’t know.  When I was working I never had the time to listen to talking heads that stir up stress in everybody and retirement I am too old and just trying to live one day at a time and enjoy my last years on this blue marble.

Yea there will always seem to be one that will stay in denial of reality or on any topic.  My feelings are why waste your time on him, because in the big picture it doesn’t really matter.

Of course he was one of CNNs celebrities, but his audience must have been a tenth that of Carlson's, and certainly much less devout and impressionable. Carlson getting fired is big, Lemon hardly anybody cares either way.

• Like 2

There once was talk host named Tucker

Whose audience he took as a sucker

His show is no more

For the lies that he swore

We are glad to see the back of this #######

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

2000 Mules??

Holy shit it's like conversing with aliens

You people aren't serious adults 

You just aren't.....

No use debating with someone who doesn't live in reality

Easier to debate with a child than you wingnuts 

And yet here i am trying to educate you.  i guess im a glutton for punishment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Evidence for that claim?

Well, it went form unmentionable to "rare" and i am fairly confident it will continue to be more accepted.  CDC is now acknowledging:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

How about a peer reviewed study?

https://citizens.news/686510.html

But here is an article that cites a Swiss study:

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/10/27/mrna-vaccines-injure-the-heart-of-all-vaccine-recipients-and-cause-myocarditis-in-up-to-1-in-27-study-finds/

I know you wont like that sources so how about NBC NEWS

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

Or Science Daily

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/03/230309124934.htm

a few more for good measure

https://truthbasedmedia.com/2021/08/12/heart-inflammation-after-covid-vaccines-more-common-than-cdc-claims-new-research-shows/

Instead of studies, why not actually listen to people actually harmed?

https://www.anecdotalsmovie.com/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I do watch Fox, but not Tucker Carlson because of his pro-Russia cr*p.  (Not all Fox viewers are imbeciles, as many claim). Good riddance. Bongino on the other hand, was decent and watchable. 

I really do tend to disagree, honestly

I mean they were found to lie to the max in the Dominion suit, all of them

All their prime time hosts, that dingbat Maria Batriomo

And we saw just a small % of it, and they paid $800mil so we wouldn't see the rest

They simply aren't credible................I just don't know how anyone can say they are..............

CNN/MSNBC, all of them are biased, none of them lie like Fox News, none

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

Well it was kind of funny that the right wingers were celebrating Don Lemon getting fired, when no one on the left gave two shits about him

Meanwhile, as always, you have the right wingers freaking out and saying they will ban Fox Networks.........always banning something 

Love or Hate Tucker Carlson, he is massive................

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

Of course he was one of CNNs celebrities, but his audience must have been a tenth that of Carlson's, and certainly much less devout and impressionable. Carlson getting fired is big, Lemon hardly anybody cares either way.

Don Lemon was a notorious diva and treated people like shit

And actually, regardless of the danger he poses on his show, people actually speak well of Tucker Carlson off air and that he is actually a pretty nice guy

10 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

It does not say it was caused by the vaccine.

15 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Peer reviewed was it.

A main part of the reasoning of the authors is based on the exclusion of other causes of death. However, their investigation of the cause of death, described in [2], is incomplete when compared to current standards (e.g., [3, 4]). For instance, no results of toxicological, biochemical (including auto-antibodies), or genetic testing were reported. No neuropathology was performed. Moreover, insufficient material was taken for histology of the ventricles, no examination of the conduction system appeared to have been performed, and only targeted microbiology was included. The lack of a comprehensive exclusion of alternative causes of death greatly jeopardizes the suggested causal relation between vaccination and fatal (epi)myocarditis.

Overall, Schwab et al. appears to over-interpret myocardial inflammatory cells as myocarditis, and over-interpret the significance of their histological findings for the cause of death. As such, we believe that their findings are not necessarily representative of vaccine-induced myocarditis and are more likely to be incidental inflammation commonly seen in post-mortem examination. More research in this area is required, as understanding the pathophysiology of potential COVID-19 vaccine-associated deaths is a key component of the international public health response.

Seems your peer reviewed link is utterly flawed. As per usual for you conspiracy theorists.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00392-023-02197-1

22 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Correct. This was also a site which claimed excess deaths were caused by the vaccine  last year in Portugal while ignoring the fact there was a massive heatwave in the country at the time. Your sources, as always are highly selective and basically tell lies. 

30 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

The results also suggested that subclinical myocardial injury is not common after COVID-19 vaccination, based on normal cardiac PET, ECG, and blood biomarker findings in the asymptomatic patient group. The researchers hope these findings reassure patients who did not experience symptoms after COVID-19 vaccination but worry about the possibility of subclinical cardiac disease.

40 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

This link does not even work.

41 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Hey I got vaccinated and two days later I stubbed my toe on the coffee table. Its obviously the vaccines fault. I demand compensation.

Basically every single one of your links proving your baseless assertion are utter junk. They are simply lies.

Why am I not surprised that you are a Tucker supporter? Its because those lies make you feel good.

9 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

I personally don’t watch any of these cable news peeps, as they all seem to report stories on extreme slants right or left as echo chambers and divide the US more each day on any topic most likely because there is big money to be made.  Reuters news usually reports news with a neutral bias with neither left or right slant and just the news without added bs.  They debunked the 2000 mules documentary here.  https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-usa-mules-idUSL2N2XJ0OQ

I figured there would be comments about Fox & Tucker, but crickets on the other extreme cable news firing of Don Lemon.  Nice to see these dinosaur networks cleaning house in which one could hope to just reporting news without any slant (don’t hold your breath), but that would be boring and a poor money losing business model. In the big picture they are just driving the extremists to independent podcasting, YouTube, Rumble (can someone hear the echo chamber) and other formats that are slowly putting the cable news networks into extinction.

As we can see here on this thread, no one cares about what others think and are unwilling to hear other points of view so the same argument over & over.  

No conspiracy. Carslon was a much bigger presence and 'star". On the contrary,  it looks like CNN and NBC Universal  lucked out.  Don Lemon has been in the doghouse for 6 months+ and he was shifted away from his evening show because of that. Howard Stern is probably one of the smartest people in talk radio, from the perspective of understanding market trends and  'street smarts". He  explained it  brilliantly.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/25/howard-stern-don-lemon-jeff-shell-lucky-to-be-fired-same-day-as-tucker-carlson/

- Carlson’s exit gobbled up public attention that would have otherwise focused on the scandal-ridden Don Lemon, whose firing was announced Monday soon after Fox parted ways with its host.

-  NBCUniversal Jeff Shell was fired for cause in a move announced Sunday after admitting to an “inappropriate” relationship with a staffer.

“And I’m like, Jeff Shell’s so lucky, and so is Don Lemon, because Tucker Carlson getting fired on the same day you get fired — you barely make news, like no one will even notice,” Stern added. “He’s lucky.”

News travels fast in  the media gossip circle and the scandal with Jeff Shell  and  ongoing  aggravation with lemon was a case of when not if.  

And Stern was right. Everyone is talking about Carlson.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrNovax said:

And yet here i am trying to educate you.  i guess im a glutton for punishment 

Educate me on what is universally know as a crackpot debunked book/movie??
That the lies were proven, by law enforcement.....

Again, you just refuse to deal in reality, as a grown adult

The book had to be pulled from the shelves and lies had to be removed. That is a 100% fact

And you then present it as some sort of credible sourcing?

Do you not understand how ridiculous that makes you look? As a grown adult?

Then we get accused of "not listening to the other side" when presented with drivel and crap

Sorry but it is laughable and I am tired dealing with grown adults who refuse to live in a factual world

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/17/1098787088/a-pro-trump-film-suggests-its-data-are-so-accurate-it-solved-a-murder-thats-fals?ft=nprml&f=1098787088&t=1652986717254

• Like 1

I'm going miss this Geezer Tucker Carlson the voice of common sense who wasn't scared to say what 99% of  Normal People were thinking I'll miss him sticking it up to the Nonce's and the Party of Paedophiles everyday. I hope he gets hired by GB News in Blighty they could use a bloke of his sheer quality Fox News loss another networks gain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

I personally don’t watch any of these cable news peeps, as they all seem to report stories on extreme slants right or left as echo chambers and divide the US more each day on any topic most likely because there is big money to be made.  Reuters news usually reports news with a neutral bias with neither left or right slant and just the news without added bs.  They debunked the 2000 mules documentary here.  https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-usa-mules-idUSL2N2XJ0OQ

I figured there would be comments about Fox & Tucker, but crickets on the other extreme cable news firing of Don Lemon.  Nice to see these dinosaur networks cleaning house in which one could hope to just reporting news without any slant (don’t hold your breath), but that would be boring and a poor money losing business model. In the big picture they are just driving the extremists to independent podcasting, YouTube, Rumble (can someone hear the echo chamber) and other formats that are slowly putting the cable news networks into extinction.

As we can see here on this thread, no one cares about what others think and are unwilling to hear other points of view so the same argument over & over.  

Very reasoned post and I agree with it all

Except for the last part

You yourself pointed out that 2000 Mules has been debunked, then go on to say that in this thread " unwilling to hear other points of view"

Why are we supposed to listen to someone posting well know lies?

That isn't "unwilling to listen to other points of views"

It is refusing to give a grown adult that is marketing in known lies a seat at the table, because they don't deal in facts

That is a big problem in this last 6 years or so

Crackpots put out lies and misinformation and we are supposed to treat them as "opposing views"

no, they are lies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

-  NBCUniversal Jeff Shell was fired for cause in a move announced Sunday after admitting to an “inappropriate” relationship with a staffer.

This idiot just became CEO like 3 years ago

Imagine blowing this massive job because you want to have an affair at work

When, if you are that rich, you could get a ton of girls outside of work

Blows my mind

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Very reasoned post and I agree with it all

Except for the last part

You yourself pointed out that 2000 Mules has been debunked, then go on to say that in this thread " unwilling to hear other points of view"

Why are we supposed to listen to someone posting well know lies?

That isn't "unwilling to listen to other points of views"

It is refusing to give a grown adult that is marketing in known lies a seat at the table, because they don't deal in facts

That is a big problem in this last 6 years or so

Crackpots put out lies and misinformation and we are supposed to treat them as "opposing views"

no, they are lies

Before this thread started I never heard of the 2000 mules documentary and just Googled it to understand what it was and found the link that is was debunked by Reuters and added to the conversation here.  Reuters usually seems to be neutral on news reporting without added bias.

My other comment at the end of my last post which I wrote that “some unwilling to hear other points of view” was just a general observation on this thread and had nothing to do with the debunking link. My comment wasn’t directed at any specific person, as I was reading several web links back & forth from a several people supposedly supporting their opinion and another person disagreeing on what was replied back to them. Maybe I am misunderstanding what I have read and everybody is agreeing with each other, but it doesn’t look like it to me? 🥴

no, they are lies

Ok, if other person is spewing out lies, who am I to tell anyone to treat them as “opposing views” and I’m not sure if that is what I wrote?  I send my apologies if that is how you perceived my comment at the end of my previous post.

I thought I was just writing my observation and opinion on what I was reading and you probably know the saying opinions are the same as ******* and everyone has one.  Maybe you guys know each other here on the forum and this has been going on for 6 years and I just put my 2 cents worth on this topic when I shouldn’t have.  Have a good night!

6 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

Before this thread started I never heard of the 2000 mules documentary and just Googled it to understand what it was and found the link that is was debunked by Reuters and added to the conversation here.  Reuters usually seems to be neutral on news reporting without added bias.

My other comment at the end of my last post which I wrote that “some unwilling to hear other points of view” was just a general observation on this thread and had nothing to do with the debunking link. My comment wasn’t directed at any specific person, as I was reading several web links back & forth from a several people supposedly supporting their opinion and another person disagreeing on what was replied back to them. Maybe I am misunderstanding what I have read and everybody is agreeing with each other, but it doesn’t look like it to me? 🥴

no, they are lies

Ok, if other person is spewing out lies, who am I to tell anyone to treat them as “opposing views” and I’m not sure if that is what I wrote?  I send my apologies if that is how you perceived my comment at the end of my previous post.

I thought I was just writing my observation and opinion on what I was reading and you probably know the saying opinions are the same as ******* and everyone has one.  Maybe you guys know each other here on the forum and this has been going on for 6 years and I just put my 2 cents worth on this topic when I shouldn’t have.  Have a good night!

No your opinion is very welcomed

As I said above, I thought your post was well reasoned and I agreed with most of it

I actually probably am for more conservative policies than any conservative would be for liberal polices

I am pretty moderate/center in my politics

What I just can't give any time to, is adults spreading very easy debunked lies and conspiracies

I just dismiss them entirely

And that comes from only one side of the political debate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

no, they are lies

People get frustrated. Its a constant job to try and refute some of the right wings unsubstantiated and frankly dishonest claims. Fox news has become the very epitome of that. People like Carlson were telling viewers what they knew was untrue but for ratings they kept on doing it. It simply stokes the fires of division. This is not unique to the US BTW we get the same in the UK. 

The media are supposed to be the ones who hold those in power to account. But when that media (on both sides) stops doing that and simply becomes an outlet for either sides propaganda then they are no longer serving the job they are supposed to do.

The only way this gets fixed is through litigation. Look how Fox crumbled when faced with court action. Same with Alex Jones and his nonsense. 

The USA is still a democracy and these people should be held to account. Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie.

• Like 1