News Forum - Finnish man accused by neighbours of insulting Thai people

Thaiger

I am an Englishman and have lived in Thailand since 1989.

During my time here I`ve never been in any major confrontations with Thai people or anyone else.

So how did I manage that?

It`s all about attitude, understanding Thai people and knowing the ways and culture of the country`s people.

If treated with respect Thai people will move mountains for us.

I am the only farang living in a local village and I`m glad about that.

Why would they need 10 thais to attack 1 person? My experience is that a lot of Thai's really don't like foreigners including Thai women. And don't forget how Thai men treat Thai women. I think the Thai women started it probably because she was using dual pricing and the farung got upset about it and was already drunk so he wasn't being polite. I doubt the police will do anything about it.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:18 PM, perceblue said:

During my time here I`ve never been in any major confrontations with Thai people or anyone else.

Either have i but i know they can get nasty and very aggressive especially when they drink. Just look at how Thai men treat their women. Look at how many foreigners have been taken to the cleaners by Thai women. There's a lot of bad Thai's and foreigners in Thailand and most of the problems happen when alcohol is involved.

1 hour ago, Someonenew said:

Why would they need 10 thais to attack 1 person? My experience is that a lot of Thai's really don't like foreigners including Thai women. And don't forget how Thai men treat Thai women. I think the Thai women started it probably because she was using dual pricing and the farung got upset about it and was already drunk so he wasn't being polite. I doubt the police will do anything about it.

Not just that, Thai people will use a weapon either knives or guns on you when they think that you out-weight them and don't see any help from their fellow locals, thai people cannot fight mano o mano in person unless they are in the ring.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:18 PM, perceblue said:

I am an Englishman and have lived in Thailand since 1989.

So how did I manage that?

It`s all about attitude, understanding Thai people and knowing the ways and culture of the country`s people.

If treated with respect Thai people will move mountains for us.

I am the only farang living in a local village and I`m glad about that.

I think it's always a good thing when you enjoy where you live

And yes, sometimes you have to understand their culture to avoid misunderstandings

And I LOVE Thai people

But I think you may have some rose colored glasses

Plenty of assh*les in Thailand 

My wife is Thai, so I am pretty sure she understand the culture and she thinks so many Thais are assh*les

Just yesterday she flew back to Canada and she said no men helped her with her bags and she commented "I felt I was back in Thailand "

But again, good on you for enjoying where you live, that all that matters