No foreign tourists to arrive tomorrow, the first day of “Samui Plus” reopening

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

If the then prime minister was anything like todays health minister whho as been hiding at his home in buriram while the covid rages on. 

It dosent rages in Muay Thai camps let's that sink in. 

59 minutes ago, JenKat said:

Most people will wait until the restrictions are lifted, PM Chan-o-cha has said mid October or earlier if the vaccination drive goes as well as expected.  

If we are pinning our hopes on the vaccine, we are bound to be disappointed. Israel experience where 50% of vaccinated people were re infected, proves that vaccination is not the answer.

Israeli Study Shows A Majority Of Those Vaccinated Can Be Infected By SARS-CoV-2 After The First Shot (forbes.com)

Eventually, we will realize that we have to live with C19 it the way we live with the flu. Singapore already has dropped zero infection targets.

When Thailand will join Singapore is anyone's guess, but 9 month at least before the penny drops

34 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

Judging by the ww2 they were involved in, they changed sides, when they saw which way the wind was blowing.

The second time was when the allies bombed Bangkok.

Suddenly they were western allies, but they did not tell the Japanese or they would have been  slaughtered.

Not correct.

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

Lets hope none of the 4 get stuck in prison like poor Phuket Steff!

Why "poor" Phuket Steff?

While it was glossed over, she said herself that she was warned about the possibility when she was given her CoE, and given that in writing, but she decided it was worth the risk.

• Like 1

Just now, Stonker said:

Why "poor" Phuket Steff?

While it was glossed over, she said herself that she was warned about the possibility when she was given her CoE, and given that in writing, but she decided it was worth the risk.

Shouting in the wind. Risk assessment is a lost art in a world where everybody is a victim.

11 minutes ago, AdamX said:

If we are pinning our hopes on the vaccine, we are bound to be disappointed. Israel experience where 50% of vaccinated people were re infected, proves that vaccination is not the answer.

Israeli Study Shows A Majority Of Those Vaccinated Can Be Infected By SARS-CoV-2 After The First Shot (forbes.com)

Eventually, we will realize that we have to live with C19 it the way we live with the flu. Singapore already has dropped zero infection targets.

When Thailand will join Singapore is anyone's guess, but 9 month at least before the penny drops

The vaccine means nothing if you still need to pay for testing, billions wasted. 

1 hour ago, PhayakPeter said:

Even things up by charging locals and expats for quarantine if they cop for a positive test

Sorry, but that's not correct either - locals and expats are not charged for quarantine if they cop for a positive test - only international arrivals, Thai or expat, if they've  arrived as a sandboxer.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but that's not correct either - locals and expats are not charged for quarantine if they cop for a positive test - only international arrivals, Thai or expat, if they've  arrived as a sandboxer.

Learn to read 

56 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

... that's why Thailand always stayed neutral. If they were involved in a war they would all run away, they wouldn't know what to do. And by the time they figured it out they'd all be dead. 

I'm sure the 40,000 Thais who served in Vietnam, of whom 351 were killed and 1,358 wounded, will appreciate your views, as will the families of those whose lives were saved by the Thai nurses in WW1 who were the first women in  any military to serve on the front line in the Meuse-Argonne offensive, as well as the Thai soldiers who fought in the second battle of the Marne, as will the families of the hundreds of Thai servicemen killed more recently in south Thailand.

47 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

"Despite fierce fighting in Southern Thailand, the fighting lasted only five hours before ending in a ceasefire"

A minor point, but it was actually 32 hours at Ao Manao beach, by which time 42 of the 140 Thai airmen and auxiliaries defending the base had been killed, including a15 year old Boy Scout who re-supplying the forward troops with ammunition and the Air Wing commander's pregnant wife, and 27 wounded.

The Japanese Division that outnumbered them by over twenty to one on the ground admitted to 115 killed at the time, although they later put it at 217 killed with over 300 wounded.

I don't want to de-rail the thread, but its invidious for those who've not served in combat to criticise those who have, whatever their nationality or actions.

Learn to read.

Thank you, I have, which is why I can say that not only was that comment incorrect (as well as your syntax) but also your later one:

... they lost all the electronic industry years ago when they striked for increased minimum wage. 

Thailand is currently the world's second largest exporter of computer disc drives, air conditioners and washing machines, sixth largest exporter of compressors, and eighth largest exporter of refrigerators.

Last year, 2020, they were the world's thirteenth largest exporter of electrical and electronics products, worth $60 billion, which was 10.4% of GDP  and 24% of exports.

800,000 work in the electronics industry, making it Thailand's largest manufacturing employer.

Last year, despite Covid, applications for new investment in electronics went up by 10% with over $1.2 billion submitted in new applications

2 hours ago, PhayakPeter said:

I'm fed up of all the thaiger presenters bigging up the phuket sandbox and samui plus, they actually believe that tourists will go through all the boll@cks and expense when the presenters are even too scared to travel domestic routes. Pay once pay again for a false positive. Even things up by charging locals and expats for quarantine if they cop for a positive test

Put it in context. Thaiger serves a local market heavily dependent upon the success of the tourism initiatives.  It is no different than the good old days of community newspapers when they covered local community businesses. Don't crap on them for supporting the local community.  

• Like 1

PP, I am expecting to arrive middle of October. Where will your wife be staying for her ASQ. I ask because you get a better deal by applying directly to the Hotel. Info would be much appreciated Kipper 

2 minutes ago, kipper12 said:

PP, I am expecting to arrive middle of October. Where will your wife be staying for her ASQ. I ask because you get a better deal by applying directly to the Hotel. Info would be much appreciated Kipper 

Are you travelling alone or with a thai

1 hour ago, CSRet said:

The list of entry requirements is nauseating…tourism is dead until the locals are properly vaccinated. 

Vaccines won't stop it in fact make it worse as we can see in most vaxed states

Just now, Xaos said:

Vaccines won't stop it in fact make it worse as we can see in most vaxed states

Seems to just be shifting the virus to younger hosts, no one is safe till everyone is safe, by which time they will start on boosters, and on and on 

1 minute ago, PhayakPeter said:

Seems to just be shifting the virus to younger hosts, no one is safe till everyone is safe, by which time they will start on boosters, and on and on 

Nope this is leaky vaccine it creates new strains and more infections. IMG_20210715_020742_805.thumb.jpg.e742413217c5fe3e0df3e01927a0c5a4.jpg

1 minute ago, Xaos said:

Nope this is leaky vaccine it creates new strains and more infections. IMG_20210715_020742_805.thumb.jpg.e742413217c5fe3e0df3e01927a0c5a4.jpg

Same in Thailand 500 medical staff with 2 doses of Sinovac have tested positive 

Too much uncertainty at this time. You could do the “ Sandbox” gig  but things might change and maybe you won’t be able to leave the island after two weeks. I spend a lot of time arranging travel back in May, one week before my trip they change the ASQ back to a two week stay …and I’m vaccinated. I canceled everything and only loss 5% of my insurance and hotel deposit.

The wife and I really wanted to go to Samui but the restrictions are just far too onerous. ALQ hotel one week, stuck inside and then only approved routes. Then you can go to SHA Plus. All the time having swabs stuck in every orifice after being double vaccinated. Closed businesses and masks. Paying a small fortune to travel from the U.K. for said experience… here’s hoping for a better offering in October.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieJUK said:

The wife and I really wanted to go to Samui but the restrictions are just far too onerous. ALQ hotel one week, stuck inside and then only approved routes. Then you can go to SHA Plus. All the time having swabs stuck in every orifice after being double vaccinated. Closed businesses and masks. Paying a small fortune to travel from the U.K. for said experience… here’s hoping for a better offering in October.

I'm in the process of selling up, ฿7 million to spend, don't look like Thailand will be seeing any of it. 

10 minutes ago, Buster said:

Too much uncertainty at this time. You could do the “ Sandbox” gig  but things might change and maybe you won’t be able to leave the island after two weeks. I spend a lot of time arranging travel back in May, one week before my trip they change the ASQ back to a two week stay …and I’m vaccinated. I canceled everything and only loss 5% of my insurance and hotel deposit.

Thai Thai government change their minds quicker than Thai woman, my wife has everything needed to go home today, but she's booked for 1st August so it doesn't mean she'll have what she needs then,. Can't second guess Thai government, change the rules daily.