News Forum - UK authorities find young man who threw eggs at King Charles guilty

Thaiger

UK authorities found a young man who threw eggs at King Charles guilty of threatening behaviour at York Magistrates Court, BBC reported yesterday. The young man, 23 year old Patrick Thelwell, hurled five eggs at King Charles and the Queen Consort as they arrived at Micklegate Bar on November 9 2022. All five eggs missed. …

The story UK authorities find young man who threw eggs at King Charles guilty as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thelwell was given a 12-month community order with 100 hours of unpaid work and ordered to pay costs of £600 and a £114 surcharge at a rate of £5 per week.

Folks will be queuing to help pay that fine.
Charles isn't popular.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Where is the evidence for that? 

My opinion from those I spoke to in the UK.
There are still many 'Diana' fans that resent Charles for his affair with Camilla.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faz said:

There are still many 'Diana' fans that resent Charles for his affair with Camilla.

My mother was Australian. Diana was a Godess. And so yes there are loads who feel the same. Not gonna change either. That is a for life stand. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Faz said:

There are an equal number that recognise that the infamous "three in this marriage" quote was somewhat ambiguous and could just as easily have been referring to whoever Diana was sharing her bed with that week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faz said:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I bet its mainly woman who feel that about Charles.  Many men have often been there and done that.  I am a committed Royalist, still holding the Queens Commission, which we do until death, unless we formally resign it.  It's the Institution that is important rather than the individual, and it's that Constitutional Institution and that history which is the glue to our Nation. This often seems to get lost in these  debates. The alternatives are often very poor, just look at the US to see the truth of that statement.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

My mother was Australian. Diana was a Godess. And so yes there are loads who feel the same. Not gonna change either. That is a for life stand. 

Diana was a mentally damaged, immature, manipulative child lady, who was held up by the media as some kind of  of female role model, an icon, when she was neither.  Charles was/is weak and indecisive and was forced by pressure from the family and officials to marry this totally unsuitable virgin child bride. Many have been there and suffered for it, as he and Diana both did. It is merely a Greek Tragedy, as the Royal Family has been throughout UK history. All that apart, I personally still hold my allegiance to the Institution of the Monarchy. 

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Diana was a mentally damaged, immature, manipulative child lady, who was held up by the media as some kind of  of female role model, an icon, when she was neither.  Charles was/is weak and indecisive and was forced by pressure from the family and officials to marry this totally unsuitable virgin child bride. Many have been there and suffered for it, as he and Diana both did. It is merely a Greek Tragedy, as the Royal Family has been throughout UK history. All that apart, I personally still hold my allegiance to the Institution of the Monarchy. 

I saw how my mom was, but for me never got into it.

19 hours ago, Faz said:

Folks will be queuing to help pay that fine.
Charles isn't popular.

I disagree. Everyone I know likes him, the only downside for a lot is that his mother didn't reign forever.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SkipsPa said:

I disagree. Everyone I know likes him, the only downside for a lot is that his mother didn't reign forever.

Queen Elizabeth II earned the respect that the large majority of British people had for her the hard way, it has made her a very difficult act to follow. 

On 4/15/2023 at 4:02 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Whatever your opinion of Charles be grateful that you can throw eggs and get a slap on the wrist. 

That isn't a slap on the wrist imo

2 hours ago, socal said:

That isn't a slap on the wrist imo

But far more lenient than in some other countries, and fortunately in the uk people are able to voice their discontent without fear of being banged up for years. 

UK, land of the free. 

• Like 1