Police warn to be careful about adding friends online, some aren’t real friends

Thaiger

Royal Thai Police are warning social media uses to be cautious when adding “friends” online. The police say sometimes these “friends” are not real friends after all. The police say to be especially wary of people posing as foreigners online as they can be sources of danger. Reportedly, the word of caution comes from deputy RTP spokesperson Deephor Siriwat. Thai media says that Deephor’s comments pertained to the first 6 months of data collection by the cyber tech police in 2021. They say that many causes of fraud can be traced back to these social media platforms in this order: […]

The post Police warn to be careful about adding friends online, some aren’t real friends appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I thought it's a joke, until I saw the source of the article. Well done, great investigative work, right after uncovering fake immigration officials, now we feel so safe. 

• Like 1

Khun Deepthor Sirawat is correct. I accepted a person as a freind living in Latvia, name Miss Naughty girl.

She then started proposing performing several lewid acts if I would buy her an air ticket to London, and pay a vet's bill for her brother's sick goat.

I choked on my mug of Ovaltine and chocolate digestive biscuit. Needless to write I did not buy her an air ticket, however I do have her address in Latvia if I happen to be in the area . . .

Edited by TobyAndrews
mistake

An 18 yo had to be admitted after suffering a social media breakdown ..

he's currently being tweeted in hospital .. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

An 18 yo had to be admitted after suffering a social media breakdown ..

he's currently being tweeted in hospital .. 

They are giving him ready meals in very small metric amounts - Instagram.

Edited by Mike-Hunt
misprit
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Royal Thai Police are warning social media uses to be cautious when adding “friends” online. The police say sometimes these “friends” are not real friends after all. The police say to be especially wary of people posing as foreigners online as they can be sources of danger. Reportedly, the word of caution comes from deputy RTP spokesperson Deephor Siriwat. Thai media says that Deephor’s comments pertained to the first 6 months of data collection by the cyber tech police in 2021. They say that many causes of fraud can be traced back to these social media platforms in this order: […]

The post Police warn to be careful about adding friends online, some aren’t real friends appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One should also note that many legitimate Social media users prefer to keep things tight and not share too much information for privacy reasons. 

2 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Khun Deepthor Sirawat is correct. I accepted a person as a freind living in Latvia, name Miss Naughty girl.

She then started proposing performing several lewid acts if I would buy her an air ticket to London, and pay a vet's bill for her brother's sick goat.

I choked on my mug of Ovaltine and chocolate digestive biscuit. Needless to write I did not buy her an air ticket, however I do have her address in Latvia if I happen to be in the area . . .

More to the point, do you have any pictures of the goat ?  asking for a friend !!

Edited by gummy

36 minutes ago, gummy said:

More to the point, do you have any pictures of the goat ?  asking for a friend !!

Talking about goats

A man walks into the bedroom with a sheep on a leash and says...

"Honey, this is the goat I make love to when you have a headache."

The wife, lying in the bed reading a book, looks up and says,
"If you weren't such an idiot, you'd know that's a sheep, not a goat."

The guy replies, "If you weren't such a presumptuous old goat, you'd realize I was talking to the sheep."

5 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Talking about goats

A man walks into the bedroom with a sheep on a leash and says...

"Honey, this is the goat I make love to when you have a headache."

The wife, lying in the bed reading a book, looks up and says,
"If you weren't such an idiot, you'd know that's a sheep, not a goat."

The guy replies, "If you weren't such a presumptuous old goat, you'd realize I was talking to the sheep."

baaaa

There is a lovely bit of stuff* on the Internet. She runs her own site and charges a dollar a month to listen to her talk and watch her dance.

Last time I looked, she had well over a million subscribers. Her big selling point, is that she picks, at random, a subscriber to spend a week end with her every month. She pays for everything. The vids of the lucky guy and her frolicking are later shown to her subscribers.

I think the Thai Police are referring to her.

* PM me for her name.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Well I did see a picture but it looked like a picture of a small horse. And had no horns.

Employing my great intellect and experience acquired from watching Colombo, I concluded it was not a goat.

Near thing though - I was about to send $500 by Western Union.

1 hour ago, snapdragon said:

There is a lovely bit of stuff* on the Internet. She runs her own site and charges a dollar a month to listen to her talk and watch her dance.

Last time I looked, she had well over a million subscribers. Her big selling point, is that she picks, at random, a subscriber to spend a week end with her every month. She pays for everything. The vids of the lucky guy and her frolicking are later shown to her subscribers.

* PM me for her name.

But does the guy retain editorial control and copyright?

If I was to show my lily white bum on the worldwide web this is the least I would demand.

Edited by TobyAndrews
mistake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, snapdragon said:

* PM me for her name.

Seems the Thai police may be referring to you.....(shudders)

• Like 1