News Forum - Porsche driver caught using fake registration plate to avoid tollway fees

Thaiger

A 69 year old Porsche driver who has a history of repeated traffic offences was charged by the police. The driver had been using a fake license plate to evade tollway fees on 22 separate occasions. The police took action after receiving a complaint from the legitimate owner of the license plate. Last year, Thailand …

The story Porsche driver caught using fake registration plate to avoid tollway fees as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Guy can buy a Porsche Car, but cannot afford to pay the Toll fee !  Possibly Car is also stolen !

Front of the Car has a different Registration plate and back has a different !

I was under the impression Land Transport only can make this plate at their office, however i see all the Old guys have the tricks to get the plates !

Ten Times of Penalty of the Original Toll Ticket for the First Offence, how about repeatedly 22 times ? Compounded !

This Guy is a Repeat Offender !!  That means that he is being left out with some other means !

he needed only two things:

A Mercedes, like the one from the owner of that number (ok, or from another porsch;-), and:

In the land of the James Bond Island, w/shouldn`t that be ok? 

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Just have to think, if he did this to save money, then what extremes did he go to get his wealth? Not exactly the one you would want to do business with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Just have to think, if he did this to save money, then what extremes did he go to get his wealth? Not exactly the one you would want to do business with.

Very common to find that the more money people get, the tighter they get.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Very common to find that the more money people get, the tighter they get.

I know a few, and they want to be recognised and treated as higher level people too.

• Like 2

I always find people fall into three groups when it comes to money.

Scum in the sun. Like me. They worked hard and ended up in a position where they no longer needed to work and live a reasonable lifestyle.

The very rich. They were born into money and have increased that wealth. Money is not a novelty to these people and they spend as they wish.

The "wannabe's". They don't want to be part of the first group but they don't have enough money to join the second. Every pound is a prisoner with those guys.

• Like 3

Still amazed the Thais don't realise that if they confiscate the vehicle that was used to perpetrate a criminal offence it will do more damage to the offender than a paltry fine. 

Plus, the Govt get to sell the car for millions of baht.  

Must be a dumb Govt. 😂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I always find people fall into three groups when it comes to money.

Scum in the sun. Like me. They worked hard and ended up in a position where they no longer needed to work and live a reasonable lifestyle.

The very rich. They were born into money and have increased that wealth. Money is not a novelty to these people and they spend as they wish.

The "wannabe's". They don't want to be part of the first group but they don't have enough money to join the second. Every pound is a prisoner with those guys.

What about the very rich scum in the sun, you don't think they exist?

There are some very rich scum in the sun types who want even more and hate spending a single pound.

There are a lot more than three groups, as there are many combinations of the three groups you mentioned. 

• Like 1

AI is banded about in various articles as many people do not know what it means, there is no AI in this toll system as basically a digital picture is taken of the number plate, which is then turned into text via the system and a simple database is used to identify all the details.

As an example I could write an app for the front end of the system which runs on an iPhone and could read a number plate and turn it into text and then remotely access a database, no AI is needed, just Swift, Xcode, and some software engineering experience.