News Forum - Pattaya cops arrest British man and Thai woman suspected of trafficking

Thaiger

Pattaya cops arrested a British man and a Thai woman suspected of human trafficking, Daily Mail reported on Friday. Officers raided the Flirt bar on Soi 6 Road, known for its many sex bars, on April 5. There, they arrested a British man named William Reece, and a 31 year old Thai woman named Jaranya Deeppair. Officers …

The story Pattaya cops arrest British man and Thai woman suspected of trafficking as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It says trafficking as in the procurement and transportation of girls to work in sexual services bar, and nothing to do with underage girls this time. Now it may be true and the bars there if it can be proven are going to be in some hot water and that is not a jacuzzi I’m taking about. My guess is that many of the girls  are taken from their home village and near areas in groups. Been like that for ever. 

• Angry 1

Maybe I am just a bit of a cynic but it sounds to me like a warning shot by the police maybe to encourage the payment of 'tea money'. 

With short time rooms on the premises, a lot of the Soi 6 bars are on the wrong side of the law. But this sounds like a reminder from the RTP that all contributions must be paid in full and on time.