News Forum - Phuket police arrest Ukrainian woman for spray painting slogans at viewpoint

Thaiger

1 hour ago, anandra said:

Nearly every day Russian tourists destroy 7/11 shops, steal in supermarkets, drive drunk, fight with security, with other tourists, rob banks and exchange currency shops, commit murders and work illegally in Thailand, and they still keep coming to Thailand. Top criminals among all tourists in Phuket, according recent article.

That's an impressively demagoguing post and the hint at "recent article" is a nice touch. However, the only way for such an article to exist is if I you wrote it yourself with utter disregard of statistically valid facts.

2 hours ago, Manu said:

If I had friends and familly killed by anyone, I would certainly not go on a 3 months holiday on the beautiful beaches of Thailand.

Perhaps she is one of the few whose wealth excludes her from considering the fate of her countrymen and women unless it is defacing something in a foreign country? After all the west now has annoying pests called 'influencers'... perhaps she is Ukraine's equivalent?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

Don't they have women in the Ukrainian army? She is 34... If I had friends and familly killed by anyone, I would certainly not go on a 3 months holiday on the beautiful beaches of Thailand.

I would, so I could spray paint some derogatory slogans about the responsible culprits.  😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Faz said:

I agree that published articles can be equally demagoguing (but obviously be a bit more subtle about it):

180 criminals were mentioned in the referenced article, with some portion attributed to 3 main "contributing" countries (hundred-ish?), namely RU, FR and UK (without putting them in order, although it is mentioned are out of the 32,000 most are Russians -- so it's only to be statistically expected they contribute more in absolute terms).

According to (*) 2022 saw 435,000 Russian tourists, 269,00 French tourists and 440,000 tourists from the UK, so per country of origin it reduces to less than weekly (with an obvious statistical bias towards RU/UK). I don't know the statistics for the past 4 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if Russians are even more represented than before. In short, bias is up for grabs for those willing to touch it.

FYI: I don't mind any conclusion, as long as it based on reason. Arguments like country "X" is more in the news (or absolutely more represented) than country "Y" therefore country "X" is better/worse than "Y" won't do.

(*) https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourists-nationalities-Thailand.asp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

There is no information on the rate of crime per nationality, if the number of Russians and Brits is disproportionately higher than other nationalities then we would expect a higher number of crimes from those two groups but we can not determine the rate of crime.

A neighbour who owns two hotels in Patong says the people he sees committing most of the trouble at night are French-speaking Arabs. 

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

There is no information on the rate of crime per nationality, if the number of Russians and Brits is disproportionately higher than other nationalities then we would expect a higher number of crimes from those two groups but we can not determine the rate of crime.

A neighbour who owns two hotels in Patong says the people he sees committing most of the trouble at night are French-speaking Arabs. 

Raging Russian tourist wreaks havoc on two Pattaya 7-Eleven stores
https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/raging-russian-tourist-wreaks-havoc-on-two-pattaya-7-eleven-stores

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

No mention of robbing banks and murder in that article though! 😂

34-year old Russian national Nikolay Rybalov, who is alleged to have beaten up a female currency exchange clerk on Sukumvit Road on Saturday April 14.  After knocking out the clerk, Rybalov reportedly continued to punch the helpless staff member in the face before fleeing the scene with 700,000 baht. https://www.pattayamail.com/news/russian-arrested-bashing-currency-exchange-clerk-207680

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, anandra said:

34-year old Russian national Nikolay Rybalov, who is alleged to have beaten up a female currency exchange clerk on Sukumvit Road on Saturday April 14.  After knocking out the clerk, Rybalov reportedly continued to punch the helpless staff member in the face before fleeing the scene with 700,000 baht. https://www.pattayamail.com/news/russian-arrested-bashing-currency-exchange-clerk-207680

Congratulations, you Googled a story from 2018 to prove your point! 🏆🏆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manu said:

Don't they have women in the Ukrainian army? She is 34... If I had friends and familly killed by anyone, I would certainly not go on a 3 months holiday on the beautiful beaches of Thailand.

Well that's you. Millions of Ukrainian (refugees) chose to flee the country, and Thailand beaches are just as good (better) than Poland or any other nearer destination. Judge her for her illegal actions - yes - but fleeing a warzone isn't wrong.

8 hours ago, anandra said:

Nearly every day Russian tourists destroy 7/11 shops, steal in supermarkets, drive drunk, fight with security, with other tourists, rob banks and exchange currency shops, commit murders

What are you on??

8 hours ago, Pinga said:

Well that's you. Millions of Ukrainian (refugees) chose to flee the country, and Thailand beaches are just as good (better) than Poland or any other nearer destination. Judge her for her illegal actions - yes - but fleeing a warzone isn't wrong.

What are you on??

sober up, and read what I wrote above. If you read this article it states she is leaving Thailand, she can't stay here as a refugee. Yes, she did some illegal actions, I agree, and she will pay penalty, but we all as well as Thai police understand her reasons. I gave examples of how Russians commit crimes, and what kind of crimes to compare.

9 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And 2016, even better... 😆😆😆

That guy should be out by now with good behaviour! 

another russian manipulator, I was asked here, to give an example of a bank robbery and murder, it is another example of real crime to compare with this crime. Just another proof that russians, majority of who support the war are murderers, in 2013 and now.

9 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And 2016, even better... 😆😆😆

That guy should be out by now with good behaviour! 

who cares about years, we compare murder against using a spray, by the way nobody said anything about smashing 7/11 by russian alcotourist.🤣

11 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

gf of scouser lee who sprayed the walls at TP gate in CM?

I know a guy called Lee who is a Scouser and moved to CM, did he use to have a restaurant/bar called the Hole-In-The-Wall in Phuket?