News Forum - Chinese man arrested in Chon Buri for overstaying and corruption

Thaiger

Immigration Bureau Division 3 officers arrested a Chinese man in Chon Buri for overstaying his visa by about 800 days and for evading corruption charges in China. The Immigration Bureau recently implemented strict measures to eliminate the influx of foreign criminals who use Thailand as a hiding place. On Wednesday, April 5, the officers in …

The story Chinese man arrested in Chon Buri for overstaying and corruption as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: Officers underlined they would investigate each hotel, resort, and accommodation to detain overstaying foreigners. For Chinese citizens, officers would collaborate with the Chinese government to obtain the criminal history of each traveller.

Looks like the days of them snooping about everywhere are back again. The overstayers should be really nervous right about now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

The overstayers should be really nervous right about now.

We should all be concerned.  These overstaying idiots put pressure on the rest of us by making immigration suspicious of everyone, legal or not. Its why we have TM30s, 47s,  Re Entry Permits, 90 day checks, IOs pitching up to your house if you have a marriage visa, checking house and car ownership.  It all stems from others doing wrong, that hits all the others doing it right.  That's why I have no sympathy for over stayers. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

We should all be concerned.  These overstaying idiots put pressure on the rest of us by making immigration suspicious of everyone, legal or not. Its why we have TM30s, 47s,  Re Entry Permits, 90 day checks, IOs pitching up to your house if you have a marriage visa, checking house and car ownership.  It all stems from others doing wrong, that hits all the others doing it right.  That's why I have no sympathy for over stayers. 

You have a point. I think most of us long stayers have seen them tuning the screws or upping the heat on the flame in person before. This is one of the reasons I read forums as so to keep up on it.

Yes it is an irritation doing stuff like 90 day reporting and getting all the paperwork in order (which seems to change occasionally for no reason) but ultimately we have to. Every year.

Only way this ever gets fixed is if the west decides that Thais living there also need to go through this pantomime yearly and every 90 days. 

How long do you think the Red Bull family would put up with that? Or indeed normal Thais living overseas?

The issue with this Chinese guy is he is a criminal. Not the fact he is residing in Thailand on overstay. Yearly visa and 90 day reporting did NOT catch him.

Only honest people obey the rules here and jump through all the hoops which makes the whole thing pointless.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes it is an irritation doing stuff like 90 day reporting and getting all the paperwork in order (which seems to change occasionally for no reason) but ultimately we have to. Every year.

Only way this ever gets fixed is if the west decides that Thais living there also need to go through this pantomime yearly and every 90 days. 

How long do you think the Red Bull family would put up with that? Or indeed normal Thais living overseas?

The issue with this Chinese guy is he is a criminal. Not the fact he is residing in Thailand on overstay. Yearly visa and 90 day reporting did NOT catch him.

Only honest people obey the rules here and jump through all the hoops which makes the whole thing pointless.

But as is the thought, we still feel the wave in some sort of way from these people doing this. Nit that I don't think immigration would't tour their horn waving their flag for some reason or the other anyway. It seems it is just inbred in them for their race.

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Usually, the case everywhere. 

The minority draw attention, and all suffer the consequences for these imbeciles.

Going by the numbers of Chinese they are arresting we can hope they'll concentrate their efforts on that nationality and cut back the needless ever-tightening restrictions on other nationalities.

I dream of the day that O, O-A and marriage visa holders that endure the scrutiny for 5 years, be allowed a visa without 90 days etc.  Show up every year, pay up, thank you goodbye. 😅

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The issue with this Chinese guy is he is a criminal. Not the fact he is residing in Thailand on overstay.

They often seem to go together 

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Usually, the case everywhere. 

The minority draw attention, and all suffer the consequences for these imbeciles.

Going by the numbers of Chinese they are arresting we can hope they'll concentrate their efforts on that nationality and cut back the needless ever-tightening restrictions on other nationalities.

I dream of the day that O, O-A and marriage visa holders that endure the scrutiny for 5 years, be allowed a visa without 90 days etc.  Show up every year, pay up, thank you goodbye. 😅

Or stay here 5 yrs being 75% in country every year, get a 3yr visa. 10yrs gets you 5yr visa. No 90 day check in only yearly. One can only dream. But at least we good guys play by the rules. 

• Like 1

^^^ You make a good point, I've been here for 12 years, the 3 monthly reporting is basically pointless, once a year I can just put up with, has anyone here got any experience of other countries requirements for longstayers ?? Just to use as a comparison, thanks.

Edited by Golden-Triangle
Clarification

15 hours ago, palooka said:

I dream of the day that O, O-A and marriage visa holders that endure the scrutiny for 5 years, be allowed a visa without 90 days etc.  Show up every year, pay up, thank you goodbye.

I am sure the average Immigration Police officer would welcome that system, however, when you have corrupt and cynical Chinese spoiling the system for everyone, nothing is going to change.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I see it in the reverse actually. The overstayers are keeping the immigration police busy, which affords them less time to focus on law abiding longstayers. In a perfect world where everyone abided by the conditions imposed on them, I don’t think the government would wind back the onerous procedures we endure. More likely, they would double down to keep the wheels of bureaucracy grinding.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2023 at 12:07 PM, Khunmark said:

More likely, they would double down to keep the wheels of bureaucracy grinding.

Agree. Kill some more trees to satisfy the junkies' need for more and more paperwork!