News Forum - Thai lottery winner gets drunk and falls asleep in Bangkok’s overhead cables

Thaiger

Bangkok’s haphazard overhead cables made a comfy bed for a drunk Thai lottery winner yesterday, according to local neighbourhood watch Facebook page “Khlong Toei Land.” Officers from Thong Lor Police Station, rescue workers, and electricity authority officials were called to the scene at the entrance of Soi Phai Singto, off the Rama 4 Road in …

The story Thai lottery winner gets drunk and falls asleep in Bangkok’s overhead cables as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think I'd have to win more than 4000฿ to get in that state, a couple of months ago I had the first 3 numbers on the lottery ticket and the last 2 numbers on the same ticket, won 6000฿, gave wifey half, filled the car up with fuel, did some shopping and just squandered the rest, easy come easy go, life in the fast lane....... that's me. 💸

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Once w oke  up in a petting zoo in Germany with a traffic cone next to me.

It was fine. I just made my way home.

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I think I'd have to win more than 4000฿ to get in that state, a couple of months ago I had the first 3 numbers on the lottery ticket and the last 2 numbers on the same ticket, won 6000฿, gave wifey half, filled the car up with fuel, did some shopping and just squandered the rest, easy come easy go, life in the fast lane....... that's me. 💸

Fast women and fast cars eh Marble-eye?

Squander the rest.

Good man.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Those are all fibre optic, not electric cables as far as I can see.

The skinny cables are internet. The larger ones are power. You should have at least a meters distance between the two but hey this is Thailand.

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The skinny cables are internet. The larger ones are power. You should have at least a meters distance between the two but hey this is Thailand.

Those thick cables, incl. the coils, are multi-strand fibre-optic (internet/data) cables.  There may be some power cables but impossible to differentiate in that photo.  Even if he climbed past power cables they are well insulated and as you point out, should be separated by a metre or more.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

A petting zoo? 🥸  Sounds almost erotic or was it perhaps a kiddies zoo ... very suss 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

A petting zoo? 🥸  Sounds almost erotic or was it perhaps a kiddies zoo ... very suss 🤣

Yeah thinking back I might have decided to pump Bambi. Or maybe I just got tired.

Who knows.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

You are lucky, one bloke I knew fell asleep on the beach In Patong, he awoke in the morning with his underpants on back to front, we suggested maybe a Ladyboy had had a go with him.

I awoke in a hotel room in Konstanz, Germany, it was morning and I was in just my underpants, no other clothes anywhere, no suitcase, nothing. No towels etc.

It was a bit embarrassing going to the reception in just my undies, I must have sleepwalked to another room from my own room during the night, well that is what I told the female receptionist.

The truth was I was so pissed the night before that I must have thought I was at home when I went for a slash in the night thinking I had gone to my own bathroom.

It was about twenty years ago though. 😄

32 minutes ago, JamesR said:

You are lucky, one bloke I knew fell asleep on the beach In Patong, he awoke in the morning with his underpants on back to front, we suggested maybe a Ladyboy had had a go with him.

I awoke in a hotel room in Konstanz, Germany, it was morning and I was in just my underpants, no other clothes anywhere, no suitcase, nothing. No towels etc.

It was a bit embarrassing going to the reception in just my undies, I must have sleepwalked to another room from my own room during the night, well that is what I told the female receptionist.

The truth was I was so pissed the night before that I must have thought I was at home when I went for a slash in the night thinking I had gone to my own bathroom.

It was about twenty years ago though. 😄

My college GF had a graduation party at her parent's house in Brooklyn

We had our friends over and we went out after her party

I slept in their basement pull out sofa

I woken up in the morning and swung over to put my jeans on

No jeans...............

I sat there questioning if I had pants on when we came home....

I was pretty sure I did

Ended up my friend and his gf had to wake up early and my friend grabbed my jeans and left

So no pants on a Sunday morning at my GF's Mom's house and malls didn't open until 12pm  :)

48 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My college GF had a graduation party at her parent's house in Brooklyn

We had our friends over and we went out after her party

I slept in their basement pull out sofa

I woken up in the morning and swung over to put my jeans on

No jeans...............

I sat there questioning if I had pants on when we came home....

I was pretty sure I did

Ended up my friend and his gf had to wake up early and my friend grabbed my jeans and left

So no pants on a Sunday morning at my GF's Mom's house and malls didn't open until 12pm  :)

🤣

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

🤣

@Marc26 I was staying in a hotel in chiang mai. 
A friend was staying in the next room with his wife I was in my own hotel room. 

I went out for the night with the friend his wife stayed in the hotel. 

The next day the receptionist told my friends Thai wife I had to pay a 200 baht extra as I had brought someone home the night before. 

We could not work it out. 

A long story short but it worked out the security thought I had taken a guy home with me for a night of fun. We realised my friend was the one I had “taken” back through reception. 

We had a good laugh about it but we can still  not to this day remember why my friend was only wearing one shoe and had also lost his socks.