News Forum - Pattaya motorcyclist crashes and dies after talking on phone with girlfriend

Thaiger

A tragic incident occurred in Pattaya on Thursday night when a motorcyclist talking on the phone with his girlfriend crashed into the rear of a parked sedan and died. Rescuers arrived on the scene to find the victim, 30 year old Chavanin Treesakorn, seriously injured on Road No. 331 in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district, …

The story Pattaya motorcyclist crashes and dies after talking on phone with girlfriend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

36 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A tragic incident

Tragic?  Is that the right word? 'Stupid and avoidable' seems a better description. 

• Like 4

Handphone is directly or indirectly killing many people in Thailand. Almost very one in Thailand irrespective of the age are addicted to it 24/7. 

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A tragic incident occurred in Pattaya on Thursday night when a motorcyclist talking on the phone with his girlfriend crashed into the rear of a parked sedan and died. Rescuers arrived on the scene to find the victim, 30 year old Chavanin Treesakorn, seriously injured on Road No. 331 in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district, …

The story Pattaya motorcyclist crashes and dies after talking on phone with girlfriend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So careless.

• Like 1

The guy who found him said he was using his front lights because the road was very dark. Unless he meant high beams, and there's a good chance he didn't, it's an hilarious and telling statement about the state of things on the roads here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Common occurrence unfortunately yesterday I was walking down a market near On Nut lots of people about a Thai guy comes through the crowd on a motorcycle on his phone and clearly no control how the hell he missed hitting somebody was amazing or just lucky I guess. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wackamole said:

The guy who found him said he was using his front lights because the road was very dark. Unless he meant high beams, and there's a good chance he didn't, it's an hilarious and telling statement about the state of things on the roads here.

I thought the same thing, but allowed for translation. He MUST have meant high beam.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

Common occurrence unfortunately yesterday I was walking down a market near On Nut lots of people about a Thai guy comes through the crowd on a motorcycle on his phone and clearly no control how the hell he missed hitting somebody was amazing or just lucky I guess. 

Perhaps a gentle nudge as he went past might have made him drop his phone. I will hazard a guess he was wearing a jacked with a green logo on the back - Grab? Lineman? A law unto themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

I thought the same thing, but allowed for translation. He MUST have meant high beam.

well yes translation, plus it's not like 15% of them don't use lights at all where 'possible' is it

• Like 1

I thought it was compulsory to use your phone while riding your bike in Thailand.

Also, you should never look right or left when entering a main road but just look ahead and turn straight onto it.

You also have to have at least three people on the bike, it is the law. 

If you live on a certain side of the street then it is perfectly legal to drive the wrong way down the highway, I have even seen the police going down one-way streets the wrong way.

You don't need a helmet as the young child sitting at the front acts as an airbag.

All of these things must be true as I see it happening on a daily basis in Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do not wish ill to anyone, but talking on the phone while riding a dark road at high speed with no helmet is not a matter of if - it's a matter of when - no doubt he's done this many times before and his luck just ran out.

• Like 1

I don’t understand the term “tragic” being used in this article.  It’s damn idiotic to be operating a motor bike on a dark night with limited visibility and talking on a cell phone. 

On 4/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, BJoe said:

I don’t understand the term “tragic” being used in this article.  It’s damn idiotic to be operating a motor bike on a dark night with limited visibility and talking on a cell phone. 

Sometimes I struggle to understand the premise on the articles. Can't say anymore as I do not want to cross the line or have anyone get their feelings hurt or bent out of shape.