News Forum - Trump plans to ‘make America great again,’ after he faces 30 charges of business fraud

Thaiger

Biden fulfilled his duty as a temporary sanity patch.  Not a fist-bump for Biden, who I've never been fond of, but I admit being relieved when he won in 2020.

However, USA needs to turn the page, and that includes on Kamala Harris, who's way too amenable to (some) of the fruit loops on the far Left, which is one of a few reasons we got stuck with Trump in 2016.

Trump -v- Harris..... it'll be his election to lose, and knowing him as we do now, and the knuckleheads he surrounds himself with, losing to another unlikely candidate is possible, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

If DeSantis can survive the stupid Cage Match with Trump for the (R) Nomination and faces Harris, he'll get a lot of Trump voters and capture a share of the Center/Moderates, same as Trump did against Hillary Clinton.

Once this Trump nonsense fades, I think Liz Cheney could rehabilitate herself, and is savvy enough to appeal to a broader cross section of voters in the General.   I can see the Fox television advert in my head already - Cheney on a horse, jeans, boots, cowboy hat, holstered six-shooter on her hip, silhouetted from behind by the sun rising over the Wyoming outback.  Morning in America, again.  Trump voters eat that sort of sappy stuff up. 

4 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

I was trying to be kind to the GOP. There are more than a few on here who can't wait to expose my anti-Tory credentials anytime I say something that is critical of the UK gov. It's always easier to shoot the messenger for them.

I have no desire to be kind to them nor their voters

They are disgraceful 

They used to stand by "state rights" ND have shown that's now a scam

They trample all over them when they want to

They are stealing people's rights to vote 

They talk about values and protecting kids meanwhile they see kids get blown away and do nothing

They talk about "grooming " kids when it's their party and their Christians/Catholics that are constantly caught raping kids

I despise them 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I have no desire to be kind to them nor their voters

They are disgraceful 

They used to stand by "state rights" ND have shown that's now a scam

They trample all over them when they want to

They are stealing people's rights to vote 

They talk about values and protecting kids meanwhile they see kids get blown away and do nothing

They talk about "grooming " kids when it's their party and their Christians/Catholics that are constantly caught raping kids

I despise them 

I disagree with 7 of the 8 assertions you make above, but I still think you’re a good bloke and would happily discuss it all over a beer. Can’t really go on much further without going way off topic. 

In the meantime, let’s see how Trump deals with all these Trumped up charges. John Edwards just as bad but all swept under the carpet and forgotten.

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I disagree with 7 of the 8 assertions you make above, but I still think you’re a good bloke and would happily discuss it all over a beer. Can’t really go on much further without going way off topic. 

In the meantime, let’s see how Trump deals with all these Trumped up charges. John Edwards just as bad but all swept under the carpet and forgotten.

As long as someone sticks to facts and doesn't get into nonsense conspiracy theories(not saying that is you) I can always have a reasoned debate with people, I enjoy it

I guarantee I align with more conservative policy than most conservatives would with liberal policies

I think I am pretty down the middle on issues, if not lean conservative......

I just find the actual Republican party to be disgraceful

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

As long as someone sticks to facts and doesn't get into nonsense conspiracy theories(not saying that is you) I can always have a reasoned debate with people, I enjoy it

In that case, I think we would come to an understanding. There are some liberal policies I agree with, some. 

Most Republicans are good people with good intentions. And some of the best of them (Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan etc) are in the background now. But the picture will coalesce back in time. In the meantime, the alternative is the ridiculous trajectory we’re on.

Trump will get off and get the nomination. But there will be some magnificent discourse between now and then. The potential 2024 Republican lineup is outstanding. Can’t wait for campaign season.

30 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

. And some of the best of them (Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan etc) are in the background now.

But they are no longer the Republican party, I disagreed with some of their policies but felt they were decent people

These people are now shunned by this Republican party.....

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

In that case, I think we would come to an understanding. There are some liberal policies I agree with, some. 

Most Republicans are good people with good intentions. And some of the best of them (Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan etc) are in the background now. But the picture will coalesce back in time. In the meantime, the alternative is the ridiculous trajectory we’re on.

Trump will get off and get the nomination. But there will be some magnificent discourse between now and then. The potential 2024 Republican lineup is outstanding. Can’t wait for campaign season.

Personally I like Chris Christie on the Republican side. He talks a lot of sense and manages to do so without insulting people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Personally I like Chris Christie on the Republican side. He talks a lot of sense and manages to do so without insulting people.

He can be a blowhard at times but I feel Christie is a sensible Republican, as well as NH Governor Chris Sunnunu, who I like very much

7 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

To the best of my knowledge, Marx never espoused any myths about a homeless middle class. But I'd love to hear them.

Let’s start with your  statement; I don't want people to think that I am espousing Marxism, but one thing that Marx was right about, was that recessions are caused by too few people having too much of the wealth. There are approximately 600k homeless in the US. .....

You have attempted to draw the link between those with wealth and homelessness. It is a recycling of Marxist theory. Marx too made the claim that Homelessness is a product of social inequality. In his writings Marx divided society into two groups the bourgeoisie who controlled/owned the wealth and the means to acquire the wealth and the oppressed proletariat who toiled for the Bourgeoisie.  Because Capitalism relies on wealth ownership for the benefit of the individual and not for all and it allows for the wealth holders to  enact laws that serve the wealth owner’s (Bourgeoisie) interests, the capitalist system creates the conditions of oppression. More specifically, homelessness is a result of the Capitalist system because the homeless are the oppressed and are denied access to the societal wealth which is retained by the Bourgeoisie.

You have used 600,000 as the number of homeless in the USA. Put in the context of a population of 332,000,000 the number you cite is insignificant at 0.18% of the population. There are 19 million felons in the USA, 1.6 million people who identify as transgender and 345,000 Thais in the USA.  The USA as a whole does not have a homeless problem. california does, and it has liberal  "progressive" social policies. They are living as Bernie Sanders wanted for all of the USA.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Let’s start with your  statement; I don't want people to think that I am espousing Marxism, but one thing that Marx was right about, was that recessions are caused by too few people having too much of the wealth. There are approximately 600k homeless in the US. .....

You have attempted to draw the link between those with wealth and homelessness. It is a recycling of Marxist theory. Marx too made the claim that Homelessness is a product of social inequality. In his writings Marx divided society into two groups the bourgeoisie who controlled/owned the wealth and the means to acquire the wealth and the oppressed proletariat who toiled for the Bourgeoisie.  Because Capitalism relies on wealth ownership for the benefit of the individual and not for all and it allows for the wealth holders to  enact laws that serve the wealth owner’s (Bourgeoisie) interests, the capitalist system creates the conditions of oppression. More specifically, homelessness is a result of the Capitalist system because the homeless are the oppressed and are denied access to the societal wealth which is retained by the Bourgeoisie.

You have used 600,000 as the number of homeless in the USA. Put in the context of a population of 332,000,000 the number you cite is insignificant at 0.18% of the population. There are 19 million felons in the USA, 1.6 million people who identify as transgender and 345,000 Thais in the USA.  The USA as a whole does not have a homeless problem. california does, and it has liberal  "progressive" social policies. They are living as Bernie Sanders wanted for all of the USA.

I still don't see where Marx espoused any myths about a homeless middle class.

It's come to the moderators' attention that members are quoting figures, inferred as facts.

May I remind you the FG's require any facts or inferred facts to be supported by a URL to the source.
Further posts not adhering to the rules will be removed, as well as replies quoting them.

6. All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Posts must be accompanied by a personal comment & a valid working direct link (URL) to any quoted text or data image for verification or for any fact(s) or inferred fact(s) used in a personal comment.

7. Quoted sources must be viewable by any member. Links to sites requiring a membership or subscription to view the whole item linked are not permitted. Links must be checked by Members before posting to ensure they meet these requirements and are valid working links.

Moderator.

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

The 600k number is correct, and so are the numbers for California, in fact not just California but much of the West Coast and parts of the East Coast have homeless rates much higher than the rest of the US. And as you point out, the areas where  liberal progressive  policies reign supreme are the areas with the worst problem. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States

• Like 1