News Forum - 3 foreign men arrested in Thai police crackdown on child prostitution in Phuket

Thaiger

Following the crackdown on child prostitution at Velvet bar in the Patong neighbourhood of Phuket two weeks ago, the Royal Thai Police (RTP) discovered six more foreign men also bought sexual services at the bar and through its network. Out of the six, three foreign men were arrested while three are on the run. The …

The story 3 foreign men arrested in Thai police crackdown on child prostitution in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

They were charged with violating Section 6 of the Act on Prevention and Suppression of Human Trafficking by seeking personal benefits from child prostitution. The charge carries a punishment of imprisonment of four to 12 years and a fine of 400,000 to 1,200,000 baht.

They should be charged 6 times as there were 6 underage girls working in the bar. That’s how these cases are typically presented to the court. And any sentences are served consecutively not concurrently. 6 x 4 minimum = 24 years / 2 for the guilty plea = 12 years minimum.

• Like 2

Well, they have no one but themselves to blame from their own stupidity of thinking it was ok and they will never be caught. If they search old CCtv footage I would bet they can find a lot more than just the 6 foreigners. Maybe an official or someone like that is possible.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well, they have no one but themselves to blame from their own stupidity of thinking it was ok and they will never be caught. If they search old CCtv footage I would bet they can find a lot more than just the 6 foreigners. Maybe an official or someone like that is possible.

CCTV (and body worn camera) footage is rarely more than a couple of weeks old, unless it is being kept for some reason, the storage demands make it impossible - you would need warehouses full of disks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grumpish said:

CCTV (and body worn camera) footage is rarely more than a couple of weeks old, unless it is being kept for some reason, the storage demands make it impossible - you would need warehouses full of disks. 

I am not sure, but for my outside cameras at my house they are connected to the internet and a cloud.