News Forum - Jealous Thai man slits wife’s throat with machete for ‘talking to another man on the phone’

Thaiger

A Thai man coldly murdered his wife with a machete in Krabi province in southern Thailand yesterday. He said he slit her throat out of rage because she was “topless and talking to another man on the phone.” Then he fled the scene. Police tracked down and arrested 50 year old Prachuap Nuanchan at a …

The story Jealous Thai man slits wife’s throat with machete for ‘talking to another man on the phone’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The man must be really out of his minds. He is 58 years old. Further the dead will not speak. If don't like then go on your own way amicably. That is good for everyone. 

These stories are becoming a daily occurrence.

Was it always this way or has something turned the tide with fatal domestic violence?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Was it always this way or has something turned the tide with fatal domestic violence?

I think Thai women have slowly become more independent with western influences and are less likely to play the traditional role they were expected to play.

Unfortunately Thai men are not adapting to this "challenge" to their authority and do the most stupid things rather than lose face.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

It's happening in many countries as a result of financial pressures and increasing drug abuse.

58 year old women with topless talking in phone with another man ! 50 year old husband of 20 years of marriage slit the throat.

What makes people so instant angry to kill ?  Is the food ingredients ?  Is the climate change ? or is it a culture ? 

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

It's happening in many countries as a result of financial pressures and increasing drug abuse.

I agree, I'd attribute it to this and not the whole Thai wife doesn't want to be traditional anymore.  
Smart phones and social media have been around for a while now, so I don't think that western affect explains this uptick.  We're headed towards a global financial crisis and people are addicted to drugs/alcohol, those are the root problems IMO.

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I would hazard a guess that DV was, at the very least, as prolific in Thailand 20-30-40 years ago as today

And I would imagine it was much worst............nothing to do with financial pressures of today, IMO

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I would hazard a guess that DV was, at the very least, as prolific in Thailand 20-30-40 years ago as today

And I would imagine it was much worst............nothing to do with financial pressures of today, IMO

DV?

If you refer to drug abuse I can assure you that Meth/yaba use has never been higher and with tabs costing less than 8 baht, it's growing fast through rural areas.

Household debt is through the roof and rising utility and food prices are causing severe hardship which also push folk toward alcohol, drugs and crime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

DV?

If you refer to drug abuse I can assure you that Meth/yaba use has never been higher and with tabs costing less than 8 baht, it's growing fast through rural areas.

Household debt is through the roof and rising utility and food prices are causing severe hardship which also push folk toward alcohol, drugs and crime.

Domestic violence 

I guarantee it isn't higher today than decades past

16 hours ago, MrStretch said:

The fact that these stories are making the public news is changing the awareness of the issue... there has always been incidents of domestic violence, but societies along with social media are slowly becoming more aware so it SEEMS to be a growing problem. 

58 minutes ago, Skip said:

The fact that these stories are making the public news is changing the awareness of the issue... there has always been incidents of domestic violence, but societies along with social media are slowly becoming more aware so it SEEMS to be a growing problem. 

IMO there's a difference between domestic violence and murder.  And as with theft, murder is on the increase.

10 years ago a Chiang Mai professional scoffed at the idea of security screens for Banks or Gold shops, saying not needed in Thailand ... how times have changed.