News Forum - Songkran 2023 is going to be marvelous | GMT

Thaiger

https://youtube.com/live/B90ShNxd7CA April is one of the most celebrated months of the year in Thailand, with the traditional Thai New Year of Songkran being one of the most culturally important celebrations in the kingdom. This April, Thailand is also making headlines for its stunning scuba diving destination in Trang, Koh Chang Karp, which local tour boats …

The story Songkran 2023 is going to be marvelous | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Personally I can’t stand the water games that Songkran brings on, but that’s because I’m a guy who doesn’t like getting soaked with freezing water for three days straight. Thai’s on the other hand love it but I will probably stay inside until it’s over.

• Like 2

As if the Thai need any excuse to behave like children... in the civilized world throwing water on people without their permission is "simple assault"... that said... I am not against water parties, but limit where... when... and who participates so that I am no longer assaulted when I go to the store on my scooter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smiler said:

Personally I can’t stand the water games that Songkran brings on, but that’s because I’m a guy who doesn’t like getting soaked with freezing water for three days straight. Thai’s on the other hand love it but I will probably stay inside until it’s over.

Agree entirely. It should be rebranded as “the water fight festival “. It is along way moved from its original and civilised form.

• Like 2

I grew out of the Songkran festivities quite early in my stay in Thailand.

As a quite-easily-seen farang (1.95m tall) I was constantly the "target" and soon grew to dislike Thais "sharing" their joy by dousing me with freezing water.

I'll stay in again.

• Like 1

What's the point if it if you're getting poisoned with an AQI index of 400+? The state of the breathable air in Thailand, especially in the North, is a national disgrace. People are dying. There's nothing to 'celebrate'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khunmark said:

Agree entirely. It should be rebranded as “the water fight festival “. It is along way moved from its original and civilised form.

What meant to say is; it’s a long way removed from its original and civilised form.

• Like 1