News Forum - Tourism Authority of Thailand partners with Agoda, Alipay, Klook and KKDay

Thaiger

Tourism Authority of Thailand has joined forces with Agoda, Alipay, Klook and KKDay in a new joint marketing initiative aimed at increasing tourism in the kingdom. Each of the platforms will launch promotions and campaigns to boost tourism in Thailand and enhance awareness of experience-based tourism activities in major and secondary Thai destinations.  Representatives from the …

The story Tourism Authority of Thailand partners with Agoda, Alipay, Klook and KKDay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"This joint marketing initiative with world-leading online platforms is in response to changes in tourist behaviour and in line with the TAT’s aim to elevate the quality of Thailand’s tourism industry with technology and innovation.”

If they want to elevate the quality of Thailand's tourism industry they should concentrate on rip off artists, taxi cartels, drunken yobbos, two-tier pricing and racism.  Embracing technology isn't going to help with any of the things that do the opposite of elevating the quality of Thailand's tourism industry.

• Like 1

Hopefully no more dual pricing for attractions.

Thai price for foreigner if go online will benefit all tourists into the kingdom.

Once you booked and landed in the hotel, they will show you the inferior room and will say that you can upgrade to a better room with additional costs......That is happening in most places across Thailand

4 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Once you booked and landed in the hotel, they will show you the inferior room and will say that you can upgrade to a better room with additional costs......That is happening in most places across Thailand

I wouldn't say that at all, by my experience using the TAT We Travel Together program extensively as well as using Klook many times for discounts

it's been exactly what was offered and treated extremely well at all hotels/venues

So I'd imagine this program wouldn't be any different.....

Lot's of great discounts to be had in Thailand, but most expats would rather not try them and complain

14 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

I'm not quite sure where that reasoning comes from.  I've booked several places through Agoda and other 3rd party sites,  knowing full well the quality and amenities of the room I've booked.  I might be at the end of the hallway but the room is what is shown and I've never, in many years of using online sites, ever been "invited" to upgrade my room, by the site or by the hotel itself.

I guess in all the years I've been doing this I've not booked into one of those "most places in Thailand".