News Forum - Thai man sets ‘high’ score for fastest joint roller at Phuket’s Cannabis Cup

Thaiger

As cannabis remains one of the nation’s hottest political issues in Thailand prior to the election in May, one Thai man won 5,000 baht for rolling a perfect one-gramme joint in just 43 seconds at the first-ever Cannabis Cup in Phuket on Saturday, reports Reuters. Hailed the fastest joint roller in all of Phuket, 30 year …

The story Thai man sets ‘high’ score for fastest joint roller at Phuket’s Cannabis Cup as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Hailed the fastest joint roller in all of Phuket, 30 year old Phuketian Ativat Janmuangthai won a cash prize and a trophy for his ability to roll up cannabis into a smokeable form faster than any other contestant at the competition on Saturday.

Having more than five years of practice, Ativat has no trouble strapping up a joint with his eyes closed, his friends said proudly." (from the article)

In my misspent youth of the teens/twenties, I was the guy in my group who was the best roller and thus always rolled. Moreover, there was an unwritten code that 'He who rolled it, Lit it'. Where I lived, we had much more hashish than weed, so I always snuck a wee bit extra hash into the top of the dooby as a 'self-reward' for being so good at rolling.

It is amazing that I am still alive and have never been to jail.

• Like 2

Wow, 1000 registered cannabis dispensaries in Phuket alone, that's crazy 🤣.
That is more than 6 times more shops than in Amsterdam!! (150/160 shops)

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As cannabis remains one of the nation’s hottest political issues in Thailand prior to the election in May, one Thai man won 5,000 baht for rolling a perfect one-gramme joint in just 43 seconds at the first-ever Cannabis Cup in Phuket on Saturday, reports Reuters. Hailed the fastest joint roller in all of Phuket, 30 year …

Isn't cannabis was legalized for medicinal purposes...... 😀