News Forum - Thailand lottery winner thanks Buddha with 100 pig’s heads

Thaiger

Today, a Thai lottery winner laid out 100 pig’s heads in front of the famous 30-metre-tall Buddha statue at Wat Klang Bang Phra Temple in Nakhon Pathom province in central Thailand. The lucky winner, Panu Nawisamphan from Samut Prakan province, did not reveal how much money he won in the government lottery. Panu said his …

The story Thailand lottery winner thanks Buddha with 100 pig’s heads as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

i could not understand why Teacher Buddha teach about " NO Killings of Living Beings" does this 100 Pig head demonstrations asserts to treating the deity in a bad way ?

I understand that it is love and affection we serve whatever we get, however we are in 21st century, when we have choices, why we kill and give it to Teacher Buddha.

I am unable to digest this ritual, i feel sad.

• Like 1

I’m wondering. Did the debt-ridden lady who sells eggs at the market win the lottery with the numbers predicted by Panu the pig decapitator’s firecrackers?

Such offerings and ceremony contradicts with the intention of the real teachings of the religion. It would be good if he can donate food for the poor or support some poor orphans with some good things. A service to mankind is a service to god. 

• Like 1