News Forum - Thai pervert jailed for 2 years for hidden cameras in Australian Embassy, Bangkok

Thaiger

A Thai man was labelled “a serious threat to society” by a judge who sentenced the pervert to two years in jail for allegedly installing hidden cameras in women’s toilets at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Nayot “Bank” Thamsongsana, a former IT worker at the Australian embassy in Bangkok, has been convicted in the Bangkok …

The story Thai pervert jailed for 2 years for hidden cameras in Australian Embassy, Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

" the judge informed the court that Nayot had paid 20,000 baht (US$870) in compensation to each of the two women he had filmed."
"The investigation revealed that the pervert secretly filmed 60 women"

Please help me. Why do I find the article confusing?

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai man was labelled “a serious threat to society” by a judge who sentenced the pervert to two years in jail for allegedly installing hidden cameras in women’s toilets at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Nayot “Bank” Thamsongsana, a former IT worker at the Australian embassy in Bangkok, has been convicted in the Bangkok …

Now even the Embassy is not safe.😅

12 hours ago, PQBC said:

" the judge informed the court that Nayot had paid 20,000 baht (US$870) in compensation to each of the two women he had filmed."
"The investigation revealed that the pervert secretly filmed 60 women"

Please help me. Why do I find the article confusing?

Well, first off, 20,000 baht is only 585 dollars, not 870, so the reporting is wrong.

Again, did he film 2 women, or 60?  Again, faulty reporting.

The editors need to have a long hard look at the competence of their reporter, methinks!

39 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Well, first off, 20,000 baht is only 585 dollars, not 870, so the reporting is wrong.

Yes, I think the error was stating it as 870 USD, rather than what was intended 870 AUD.

40 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Again, did he film 2 women, or 60?  Again, faulty reporting.

No, perhaps your inability to comprehend what was written.
Two women filed complaints which formed the basis of the prosecution.
A total of 60 women gave statements.

Well, what comes around, goes around. Anyone remember when Australian security and intelligence services bugged the Timor-Leste prime minister’s office?