News Forum - Thailand’s ‘The Pizza Company’ launches mango pizza

Thaiger

Move over pineapple, mango is the hottest pizza topping in Thailand this summer thanks to a special edition launch from nationwide pizza chain The Pizza Company. Everyone loves pizza, and everyone loves mango. But do they belong together? More specifically, does mango belong on a pizza with mozzarella cheese, croutons, mango sauce, cream cheese and …

The story Thailand’s ‘The Pizza Company’ launches mango pizza as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yeah, we will give it a go. Love mango ice cream and most mango things, and yes, pineapple does belong on pizza so maybe mango infused pizza?.

I love mango but all my life have abhorred pineapple on pizza.  I can't imagine mango being better.

The only fruit that belongs on pizza is tomatoes.

• Like 3

IMO the aforementioned company produces pizza to suit the Thai palate with sweet and sickly toppings.  Not my thing!   

BTW, I don't mind pineapple on an Aussie made Hawaiian-style pizza though @Marc26 will have strong words to say on that score 🤣

45 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I love mango but all my life have abhorred pineapple on pizza.  I can't imagine mango being better.

The only fruit that belongs on pizza is tomatoes.

Not even tomato if I can help it. OK, it is a weird one, I can eat, but don't like fresh tomato, but a cooked tomato can literally make me vomit. A bit of tomato paste is OK, so I can enjoy a pizza as long the tomato has not been overdone. As far as mango pizza goes - sounds disgusting, but may appeal to the very sweet tooth that is very common across most of Asia. 

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, we will give it a go. Love mango ice cream and most mango things, and yes, pineapple does belong on pizza so maybe mango infused pizza?.

I used to like you...........55555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

IMO the aforementioned company produces pizza to suit the Thai palate with sweet and sickly toppings.  Not my thing!   

BTW, I don't mind pineapple on an Aussie made Hawaiian-style pizza though @Marc26 will have strong words to say on that score 🤣

Ha

I remember not minding Pizza Company once every blue moon, especially the thin crust

But we took the family last month and it SUCKED

Great service though!

2 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Not even tomato if I can help it. OK, it is a weird one, I can eat, but don't like fresh tomato, but a cooked tomato can literally make me vomit. A bit of tomato paste is OK, so I can enjoy a pizza as long the tomato has not been overdone. As far as mango pizza goes - sounds disgusting, but may appeal to the very sweet tooth that is very common across most of Asia. 

Not that weird

My wife loves the grilled/roasted cherry tomatoes and I can't touch a hot tomato

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I used to like you...........55555

Ok. I can already report on this pizza now as had my wife and kids get it when they went shopping at about 5pm. 4 opinions is the crust is wafer thin, and 4 out of 4 did not like it. The profile is terrible. But I will say pineapple and ham is still ok. Mango pizza is now a huge cringe pass. 

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ok. I can already report on this pizza now as had my wife and kids get it when they went shopping at about 5pm. 4 opinions is the crust is wafer thin, and 4 out of 4 did not like it. The profile is terrible. But I will say pineapple and ham is still ok. Mango pizza is now a huge cringe pass. 

Gotcha

Still think Pizza Company isn't too bad, especially out in the sticks in Thailand

Especially if there is  Swenson's across the way to go after 5555

Just now, Marc26 said:

Gotcha

Still think Pizza Company isn't too bad, especially out in the sticks in Thailand

True. The Pizza company is ok sometimes once in a big blue moon if you order the right stuff and don’t eat too much if it. In CM we tend to go to a local chain that has pretty good stuff. I will try any type of food once, so now we know, mango pizza from there is a dud. I still think one might be able to make some sort of a-ok pie with mango, but that one is a serious miss.