News Forum - Safari park in Thailand responds to bungee cord incident that nearly killed Hong Kong tourist

Thaiger

UPDATE Today, staff from Chang Thai Thappraya Safari Park in Pattaya, Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand, commented on the broken bungee cord incident that nearly killed a tourist from Hong Kong last month. The bungee jump operator, 41 year old Natthaphon Yokcharoen, took reporters to see the scene of the incident, a platform about 30 metres …

The story Safari park in Thailand responds to bungee cord incident that nearly killed Hong Kong tourist as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Got to admit with Thailands cavalier attitude to health and safety you wouldn't get me anywhere near a bungee jump in Thailand. Nothing in the report about any form of investigation by officials into what could have been a fatal accident, is that just poor journalism or was there no investigation and or sanctions on the operators? The injured party states that he can get no response from either TAT or the operators, did the 'journalist' follow up on this or were they too lazy?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Got to admit with Thailands cavalier attitude to health and safety you wouldn't get me anywhere near a bungee jump in Thailand. Nothing in the report about any form of investigation by officials into what could have been a fatal accident, is that just poor journalism or was there no investigation and or sanctions on the operators? The injured party states that he can get no response from either TAT or the operators, did the 'journalist' follow up on this or were they too lazy?

I usually pass on extreme sports in these developing countries as safety regulations are usually compromised and lacking. Comparing doing a bungee jump in Thailand vs New Zealand, I rather choose the latter albeit paying more.

Then again, I am too old for this shit.😀 

Next week he'll tie the two frayed ends of the bungee cord back together and reopen the attraction to new, unsuspecting tourists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1