News Forum - Aussie dad gets into fistfight with monkeys on Ko Phi Phi in Thailand (video)

Thaiger

An Australian dad got into a fistfight with a gang of monkeys on a Thailand beach after they attacked his one year old son. No pistols at dawn followed but it got quite feisty. Riley Whitelum and his wife Elayna Carausu, along with their two sons, were on the Ko Phi Phi Islands when the …

The story Aussie dad gets into fistfight with monkeys on Ko Phi Phi in Thailand (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I learned along time ago when visiting Bali that I really hate these type of monkeys. I really don't care if they are killed. No better than rats or but more dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I learned along time ago when visiting Bali that I really hate these type of monkeys. I really don't care if they are killed. No better than rats or but more dangerous.

Then don't go to Koh Lanta 

In one ride from my hotel to the National Park

About 20mins on my MB, there must have been 150 monkeys either on the road or on the side of the road

I had to stop my MB 3-4 times to get around them

Never seen that many before 

12 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Then don't go to Koh Lanta 

In one ride from my hotel to the National Park

About 20mins on my MB, there must have been 150 monkeys either on the road or on the side of the road

I had to stop my MB 3-4 times to get around them

Never seen that many before 

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually thinking of Koh Lanta for my yearly trip stop with my kids next month. Haven’t been there for about 30 years. I can deal with monkeys but I just do not like these wretched vermin. Have to be on guard and be really careful with them. I have had many encounters with them, but it all started decades ago in Bali. 

59 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually thinking of Koh Lanta for my yearly trip stop with my kids next month. Haven’t been there for about 30 years. I can deal with monkeys but I just do not like these wretched vermin. Have to be on guard and be really careful with them. I have had many encounters with them, but it all started decades ago in Bali. 

I would still go, it was only one stretch on the island

When we move to Thailand I will live in the village for 7 months, 3 months back in Boston and two 1 month stays down at the beach in Thailand each year

Probably a month every year in Kamala, then pick a new place every year, Koh Lanta will be on the list

• Like 1

"Had they known about the monkey attacks on the beach, they would not have gone."

For a couple whose very existence depends on the internet... have they never heard that 'Google' is your friend... ???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skip said:

"Had they known about the monkey attacks on the beach, they would not have gone."

For a couple whose very existence depends on the internet... have they never heard that 'Google' is your friend... ???

You can google scenarios in locations you haven't arrived at yet? Crystal ball indeed

2 hours ago, avantgarde_a_clue said:

You can google scenarios in locations you haven't arrived at yet? Crystal ball indeed

Usually if a beach has a monkey problem there is plenty of info on Google about the issue

On 3/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, Ramanathan.P said:

Always grab a stick if wanted to defend from monkeys. Boxing will not work....but kicking would.

A troop of monkeys can be dangerous. A monkey wand would work wonders.😀