News Forum - Passenger dies of heart attack on flight from India to Bangkok

Thaiger

An IndiGo flight bound for Bangkok from Mumbai was diverted to Myanmar yesterday after a passenger died on board. According to a Times of India report, the unnamed passenger suffered a heart attack less than an hour after the flight took off at 4pm from Mumbai. Despite efforts to assist the man, he tragically passed …

The story Passenger dies of heart attack on flight from India to Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is a pity that his destiny "Bangkok" cannot be reached when he is alive. Poor guy. May at least his soul Rest in Peace in "Bangkok"

Now one thing that will keep me up wondering about tonight is if TAT still counts the passenger as an arrival in its official numbers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Another "tragic" death.

I still don't see the tragedy in any of these.

I agree, death is not tragic for the deceased, only for those left behind.

Most religions and beliefs speak of a better afterlife.

(for those pretend shrinks that read this, NO I am not suicidal, just an acceptor of realistic values)

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An IndiGo flight bound for Bangkok from Mumbai was diverted to Myanmar yesterday after a passenger died on board. According to a Times of India report, the unnamed passenger suffered a heart attack less than an hour after the flight took off at 4pm from Mumbai. Despite efforts to assist the man, he tragically passed …

The story Passenger dies of heart attack on flight from India to Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Flying is now a hardship for many now.

From getting early into the airport, going through self check-in kiosks which is a mystery to many, pressure from luggage check-in, overweight, hand carry bags too big, to going through border controls and auto-gate. Screen your bags and do a body screen or search.... getting your boarding pass ready and passport check for validity.....temperature screen for some countries .....

waiting to board and to be told that flight will be delayed....finding an empty compartment for your handcarry and when you are seated nicely in a window seat, was hassled by someone wanting to switch seats with you.....

to many to list and too much stress flying.... 

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Flying is now a hardship for many now.

From getting early into the airport, going through self check-in kiosks which is a mystery to many, pressure from luggage check-in, overweight, hand carry bags too big, to going through border controls and auto-gate. Screen your bags and do a body screen or search.... getting your boarding pass ready and passport check for validity.....temperature screen for some countries .....

waiting to board and to be told that flight will be delayed....finding an empty compartment for your handcarry and when you are seated nicely in a window seat, was hassled by someone wanting to switch seats with you.....

to many to list and too much stress flying.... 

I think that's a you problem 

Not saying it's the most pleasant experience these days

But it isn't that bad

And I would say travelling in Asia is 100x better and less stressful than flying in North America 

• Like 2

You’ve got to feel for the poor people sitting next to him. Having to endure the remainder of your flight sitting next to a corpse. Yikes!

Edited by Khunmark

15 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Another "tragic" death.

I still don't see the tragedy in any of these.

Tragic if sitting next to deceased. They tend to realease their bowel and bladder contents. If you have been to India you will know the stench.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Khunmark said:

You’ve got to feel for the poor people sitting next to him. Having to endure the remainder of your flight sitting next to a corpse. Yikes!

Not sure about smaller regional aircraft but wide-body Internationals may carry body bags and will usually have a suitable stowage area that can accommodate a body.

9 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Not sure about smaller regional aircraft but wide-body Internationals may carry body bags and will usually have a suitable stowage area that can accommodate a body.

My airline didn't carry bags and on the B777 no space is readily available for dead bodies.  They are usually covered in blankets and placed in Business/First Class, where there is usually space or in the front most toilet with that being closed off.  You may have to move some paxs to provide room.  Not nice at all. 

46 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

My airline didn't carry bags and on the B777 no space is readily available for dead bodies.  They are usually covered in blankets and placed in Business/First Class, where there is usually space or in the front most toilet with that being closed off.  You may have to move some paxs to provide room.  Not nice at all. 

I know A380's have a space in the fwd bulkhead between steps to cockpit and stbd toilets.  It may be an airline spec.

Not nice on a full flight to have a stiff anywhere nearby, a toilet cubicle perhaps the best stowage area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I know A380's have a space in the fwd bulkhead between steps to cockpit and stbd toilets.  It may be an airline spec.

Not nice on a full flight to have a stiff anywhere nearby, a toilet cubicle perhaps the best stowage area.

Yes, plenty of room on an A380. 

On 3/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, Marc26 said:

I think that's a you problem 

Not saying it's the most pleasant experience these days

But it isn't that bad

And I would say travelling in Asia is 100x better and less stressful than flying in North America 

Whatever problem I have is my problem. 

Not of your concern.

3 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Whatever problem I have is my problem. 

Not of your concern.

I'm just glad I'm not as miserable as so many on this forum are

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'm just glad I'm not as miserable as so many on this forum are

If you are not miserable you won't be spending this much time in this forum with so many number of comments targeting at everyone.